'Close all positions'

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

'Close all positions'

Postby Ferru123 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Does anyone have a macro or spreadsheet they could please share that mimics the 'close all positions' button please?

Thanks

Jeff
Ferru123

Re: 'Close all positions'

Postby osknows » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi Jeff,

It's possible to close using a trigger now on the latest version.

If you still want an Excel version with forumula, take a look at the attached https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp566fqy4qtxf ... .xlsm?dl=0

When linking to Gruss, ensure the sheet M1_MyBets is used to output live bets in the current market. To greenup copy the range BC5:BG55 to Q5:U55

Regards,
Os
osknows

Postby posimmo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi, Os

Can you tell me what the trigger is, I can't find it in the help section.

Regards

Polly
posimmo

Postby brumbie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:05 am

I'm not sure if Help has been updated yet as It's relatively new but go to this post here:

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10256&p=52186&hilit=closec#p52186

Hope that helps. I just recorded a simple macro and put it behind a button. I found that quicker.
brumbie

Postby posimmo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 am

brumbie wrote:I'm not sure if Help has been updated yet as It's relatively new but go to this post here:

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10256&p=52186&hilit=closec#p52186

Hope that helps. I just recorded a simple macro and put it behind a button. I found that quicker.

Thanks, brumble, not sure if I understand Mark's post but I'll try it and see if I can get the syntax right in order for it to work.

Regards

Polly
posimmo

Postby MollyMoo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 am

Hi Polly.

Just place CLOSEC in the trigger cells of your spreadsheet for all selections that have had bets placed on them, ensuring that each selection also has something entered into its bet reference cell.

That will green up the whole market.
MollyMoo

Postby posimmo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:50 am

MollyMoo wrote:Hi Polly.

Just place CLOSEC in the trigger cells of your spreadsheet for all selections that have had bets placed on them, ensuring that each selection also has something entered into its bet reference cell.

That will green up the whole market.

Thanks, MollyMoo

My problem is that I am placing a trigger back bet through Excel with a tick offset Lay bet. I obviously want to give the lay bet time to get matched but if it isn't I want to green up the market a couple of seconds before the off (on greyhound markets). It's the time element of making this happen that I am grappling with.

Regards

Polly
posimmo

Postby MollyMoo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi Polly.

If you put the following formula into a spare cell on your spreadsheet, it will tell you the number of seconds to go before the scheduled off time of a race:

Code: Select all
=IFERROR(HOUR($D$6)*3600+MINUTE($D$6)*60+SECOND($D$6),0)

You can then check if this value equals the number of seconds before the off at which you want to close your position.

HTH.
MollyMoo

Postby posimmo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:15 pm

MollyMoo wrote:=IFERROR(HOUR($D$6)*3600+MINUTE($D$6)*60+SECOND($D$6),0

I know I'm a bit thick, MollyMoo but your formula seems to make reference to cell D6. Cell D6 on my spreadsheet is the back odds 2 for trap 2. Does that make sense? (and many thanks for your help).

Regards

polly
posimmo

Postby MollyMoo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm

posimmo wrote:
MollyMoo wrote:=IFERROR(HOUR($D$6)*3600+MINUTE($D$6)*60+SECOND($D$6),0

I know I'm a bit thick, MollyMoo but your formula seems to make reference to cell D6. Cell D6 on my spreadsheet is the back odds 2 for trap 2. Does that make sense? (and many thanks for your help).

Regards

polly

Ah no, sorry, Polly. I was going by the horse racing spreadsheet output and assumed that greyhound output was the same.

Is there a timer output to Excel from Gruss for greyhound racing that gives a countdown to the off time? If so, replace $D$6 with that cell address.
MollyMoo

Postby posimmo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:43 pm

MollyMoo wrote:If so, replace $D$6 with that cell address

Thanks, MollyMoo, yes the cell is D2 on the greyhound sheet. I now have the countdown to the start showing in seconds - great.

Now what I need to do is master the next step (with help, of course).

My current trigger reads as follows:

=IF(AD5=3,"BACK-T5") - That places my back bet and a lay bet 5 ticks away - so far so good.

The question is how do I add the CLOSE command to that trigger so that the market closes say 3 seconds from the start of the race (linked, of course to the cell that contains the countdown to the start in seconds). On its own, I would simply type =IF($$<4,"CLOSE") but I don't know how to incorporate that command into the existing trigger. Hope that makes sense, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Polly
posimmo

Postby brumbie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:00 am

posimmo wrote:
MollyMoo wrote:If so, replace $D$6 with that cell address

Thanks, MollyMoo, yes the cell is D2 on the greyhound sheet. I now have the countdown to the start showing in seconds - great.

Now what I need to do is master the next step (with help, of course).

My current trigger reads as follows:

=IF(AD5=3,"BACK-T5") - That places my back bet and a lay bet 5 ticks away - so far so good.

The question is how do I add the CLOSE command to that trigger so that the market closes say 3 seconds from the start of the race (linked, of course to the cell that contains the countdown to the start in seconds). On its own, I would simply type =IF($$<4,"CLOSE") but I don't know how to incorporate that command into the existing trigger. Hope that makes sense, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Polly

Probably by using the ref of the bet in T5? So:

=IF(AD5=3,IF(T5="","BACK-T5",IF($AA$1<4,"CLOSE"," "))," ")

$AA$1=Cell with timer

I prefer to use CLOSEC myself.

Hope that helps.
brumbie

Postby posimmo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 am

brumbie wrote:I prefer to use CLOSEC myself

Thank you very much, Brumbie, I'll try that. Could you tell me the difference between CLOSE and CLOSEC, sorry it's not in the help section of Betting Assistant.

Regads

Polly
posimmo

Postby brumbie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 pm

I did figure it out eventually Polly but unfortunately it is 9pm on a Sunday night over here in Aus and we have all had a few wines at tea time. If the Captain (Sensible) does not pop by and explain I will get back to you. Off the top of my head I think CLOSEC just cancels but CLOSE will attempt to offlay. :shock: :?
brumbie

Postby posimmo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 pm

brumbie wrote:Probably by using the ref of the bet in T5

I think there's a slight misunderstanding here, brumbie. T5 is not a cell reference it is a tick offset command to place a lay bet 5 ticks away.

Regards

Polly
posimmo

Next

Return to Help