Betfair transaction charges

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Betfair transaction charges

Postby Ferru123 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:29 am

If you go over 1,000 trades an hour, you risk incurring transaction charges.

Is there anything I can do to limit my trades to 1,000 per hour, apart from keeping an eye on my bet history?

The reason I ask is that I've been experimenting with a scalping bot that fires in a huge volume of trades.

Thanks

Jeff
Ferru123

Re: Betfair transaction charges

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:42 pm

It's worth remembering that transaction charges get offset against commision charges so even going way over the 1000 doesn't mean you'll have any charge to pay if you have a lot of matched bets that actually generate comms. It's worth looking at your daily comms so you can get an idea of how many transactions you can do over the 1000, if you want to get really anal you can even track how much comms you're generating using the results sheet.

I guess if you're currently only playing with smaller stakes or not generating comms elsewhere then use the transaction counter in cell N2 to cease activity when you hit 1000. Also remember older versions of BA had to use 'tricks' to get under the lower takes limits whereas the newer API and betfair regs allow some bets under £2 so the new version will only send 1 transaction instead of the 3 the older version used to.

If you're firing in huge volumes of trades and not making the comms to cover them you need to be looking at if they're worth the effort or seeing if they're also getting matched in pennies rather than full, treat it as an opportunity to tweak your bot so it acts more efficiently.
Captain Sensible

Return to Help