One click trading - free program coming soon

Contains all messages from 'One click trading - free program coming soon' thread on Betfair's General Betting forum. Archived on 19/11/2005.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:20 pm

Originally posted by: chuffmagarley
Ok cheers guys ive set up the lay bets on all the field and set the odds ,if I change E2 to IN PLAY

or INPLAY? these will be submitted when the race starts?? ( it wont because its US racing) ,but if I did it on the UK stuff these would be put on in running ,YES??
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:33 pm

Originally posted by: Toma
IanP, thanks agian mate I have tested it by manually loading events etc. and it looks great. I'm sure it will work fine tomorrow...

The reason I am after a delay is because I want to back a selection In Play but what I am finding is that I am gettng matched before the market has settled down. i.e all the guys submitting there 1.3 and 1.01 bets as soon as the race goes In Play so I don't want to trigger my bet until the Market has settled down after going "In Play" thats all it is.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:38 pm

HMM ive tried to change E2 to in play ,but it keeps reverting to not in play ( trying it on a footie match tonight
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:43 pm

i think ive missed the point !! will these bets ive put up still be live (on the Excel sheet) still be valid after the off or will they be cancelled ,Jeez im not much good at this I am!!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:48 pm

just found out that wont be, all bets were cancelled ,had to clear the bet reference column ,and they were put on after that , this is gonna be more complicated than I thought!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:59 pm

Originally posted by: the_giraffe
Congrats on the software, coming along brilliantly.

I have another suggestion, which has actually been suggested to be integrated into the betfair interface. Would it be feasible to add in a 'Re-submitting bet', hence everytime the market suspended and all unmatched bets are cancelled, if the bet had not been taken previously it would be re-submitted.

There are obvious pitfalls included with this method, hence re-submitting a bet when a team has scored a goal. Hence the user would have to be informed that it is their responsibility to cancel the bets.

As a safety net you could introduce the amount of times that the bet could be re-submitted.

Just food for thought.

Cheers
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:29 pm

Originally posted by: Dickbee
Hi Layit

First thanks for a fantastic program. Placed my first automated bet today. Scary but exciting.

A couple of questions relating to additional data from Betfair, for use in Excel. Is it possible to have access to Last Price matched & Total matched for the event & for the horse?

Also I would like to write a little routine to "Green up" on small wins, using the Lay £2 @ low odds, Change to £2.20, Delete the £2, move the 20p back to the odds trick.

To do this need to be able to modify the price & odds on an existing bet. Is this possible?

Many Thanks, I'm off to make a contribution in the hope that bribery works.

Richard
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:23 pm

Originally posted by: You are logged in as
chuffmagarley

a simple trigger like

=+IF(E2="In Play","LAYFIELD","")

placed in N5 then odds in O5 and stake in P5 should be enough to kick off your bets when the markets goes in play if all you want to do is lay the filed at say 1.01 for £100. The auto selct markets will clear the refs when the next market goes in play.

Toma

Why not stick in more criteria in your bet trigger rather than waiting for the market to settle. If you're just backing at 1.5 there's pleanty of times those odds will be the best on offer for various reasons i.e. photo finishes etc

I've used triggers like

=+IF(AND(F8<1.61,H8<1.8,F8>1.4), "BACK","")

and they work OK. Just set the limits to whatever you think you need. You may miss a few that slip outside the criteria but I'm sure it'd avoid lots of losing bets where the lowest odds are 1.5 for whatever reason.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:24 am

Originally posted by: G-Factor
Depends upon how much trouble you want to go to, but another alternative could be to write a formula to calculate the book %, and only place the bet when it drops below x%, maybe 110%?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:45 am

Originally posted by: bet2xs
just downloaded version 98q and instant back/lay processing. thanks liym.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:02 am

Originally posted by: LayItYouMug
Can I just warn you that if you only check the In Play indicator when trying to place a bet when the market goes in play then sometimes it will fail. You will also need to check the suspended indicator. The following example will lay the field when the market turns in play, it will also clear the bet refs when it is not in play.

=IF($E$2="In Play",IF($F$2<>"Suspended","LAYFIELD",""),"CLEAR")
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:19 am

Originally posted by: mikeyboymike
Layit, can you confirm that when F2 is blank that the market is definitely immediately available for placing a bet. Last weekend, I was getting null in my bet refs. Haven't tried it since, and not 100% sure it wasn't soemthing else, but previously my formula just summed the odds and when > 0 placed the bet which worked ok.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:05 am

Originally posted by: bridgers
LayItYouMug

Hi I've posted about my problems try to get a triggered bet on now that I'm using the system in Germany. It appears that triggered bets will only work if I'm putting in whole numbers.

This morning I tried:

BACK 1.01 which failed
LAY 1.01 which failed
BACK 1.00 Failed
LAY 1.00 Failed

In fact anything from 1.01 to 1.9 fails and returns an error, dunno if this is a Generic problem or a problem with non English setup PC's

However chossing whole numbers works ie:

2,3,4,5, etc

Please can you take a look at this since unless I can back at 1.01 I can't get the best odds. Could this be a set up problem with Excel? I've ensured that every is set to display to 2 decimal places etc.

Any ideas? I'm using Excel XP
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:09 am

Originally posted by: bridgers
In fact any fraction in the odds doesn't work 2.5, 3.5, 4.5 etc
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:22 am

Originally posted by: thunderfoot
G-Factor,

Thanks for the reply <17 Nov 18:45>.

I've been using 'Triggers' and macros in EXCEL to highlight the 'right time' to make bets for some time, but have been using a split screen so that I could view BA & my EXCEL file at the same time, and then manually 'hitting-the-buttons' in BA.

Goes to show, you can use an application for a few months and not realise what the full power of it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will experiment with the 'keywords' that trigger various options now!!!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Betfair General Betting Thread Archive