One click trading - free program coming soon

Contains all messages from 'One click trading - free program coming soon' thread on Betfair's General Betting forum. Archived on 19/11/2005.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:35 pm

Originally posted by: thunderfoot
G-Factor.

I would dearly love to see some screenshots of this 'Triggered Betting' working in EXCEL.

I know Gary mentioned yesterday that he was going to update his site with some screenshots of the operation of BA, but he must be rushed-of-his-feet with all the programming side of things.

I know he has a 'Read Me' section within BA, but lets be fair, it's not exactly covering all bases. I think this is a great application but it does need a detailed description (with screenshots) of how BA does work, showing how all the features work & what they do.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:13 pm

Originally posted by: bet2xs
I am using 98i , will dl next version .. great program otherwise..

Can you interface with open office calc.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:20 pm

Originally posted by: Toma
Guys,

Does anyone know how to force a delay in striking a bet i.e. 20 secs after the event is turned in play?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:44 pm

Originally posted by: bridgers
LayItYouMug

I'm still having problems with no being able to place bets with an excel triggered bet. I've tried everything I can think of to solve it. Using 98q and office xp, the program registers a that the last action was a Excel triggered bet, but I keep getting an error. Confident that its not the formula that I'm using since it triggers the back when it's meant too.

The only thing that is different is that I am now in Germnay and using a German lanuage computer with German Excel etc. However I have set up Excel to use UK decimal point as a seperator, in the UK I also have Excel 2003 and not XP is this a problem you think?

I can't see why any other reasons why things are not working now when they did in the UK.

THanks for any help that you provide I understand that you're probably under a lot of pressure given the amount of requests that you have!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:13 pm

Originally posted by: mikeyboymike
Wow, this thread is getting a lot of updates recently, it's getting too popular for its own good.

G-factor, are you sure CANCEL cancels an unmatched bet? I thought it just cleared the BetRef cell?

Toma, to place a bet x seconds after in play, Store the current time at the off, then compare current time to saved time until > 20 seconds.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:15 pm

By the way, if anyone has a winning system that they can't implement due to lack of excel knowledge, I am quite willing to swap my programming expertise for it
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:19 pm

Originally posted by: nutter punter
I can't get any Rugby markets open. The + sign has dissapeared ? This is after the Betfair updates this morning.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:35 pm

Mikeyboymike,

Cheers Mike I can capture the off time from C2 (i.e when it goes 'In Play') and add 'x' secs to it the problem is that it is constantly updated so my bet will never get executed !!!

How can I say I only want this time once i.e. the off time then I can execute my bet 'x' secs after that time...any idea?

once again appreciate the assistance!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:51 pm

Originally posted by: Gaseous
Toma, the only way i can see this working is to write a macro

Basically, if cellx = "inplay" then ontime now + timevalue("00:00:20") change setting to "LAY"
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:11 pm

Layit,

I know you are mega busy mate but maybe sometime in the future would it be possible to display the Off Time in Excel?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:30 pm

Toma, you need to write a macro to store the off time and chuck it into another cell.

Basically if you can write some VBA code in the Worksheet_Calculate or Worksheet_Change method, you can do anything and everything with this spreadsheet.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:34 pm

Mike, cheers mate I need to get ino this Macro stuff for sure. I will be having a go after racing today!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:37 pm

Originally posted by: IanP
Toma's not been paying attention in class, mikey !!

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Static MyInPlay As Variant
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
If [E2].Value = MyInPlay Then
GoTo Xit
Else
If [E2].Value = "In Play" Then
[N1].Value = [C2].Value
End If
MyInPlay = [E2].Value
End If
Xit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:39 pm

Haha...IanP if I went to class every day for a year I wouldn;t know what you have probably forgot!

Top man I will try it out!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:46 pm

Originally posted by: IanP
Toma .. I think you can only have one Workbook_Calculate macro but I don't think you need the previous one I posted anymore, as layit's app deletes the bet refs now, so you should be able to just overwrite the existing macro with this one.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Betfair General Betting Thread Archive