One click trading - free program coming soon

Contains all messages from 'One click trading - free program coming soon' thread on Betfair's General Betting forum. Archived on 19/11/2005.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:47 pm

Originally posted by: thunderfoot
Question about WOM or WOM Factor.

Does this actually indicate/predict which way the Odds are likely to go? I've watched a few events and when I expected the Odds to move one way they either never moved or went in the other direction!!!!!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:53 pm

Originally posted by: LayItYouMug
Thunderfoot. The WOM can sometimes be indicitave bot frequently is not It was requested by someone a while back and it's very simple calculation. I'm going to add a FAQ to the forum and this will be the first question!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:50 pm

Originally posted by: RogerL
Layit, If, as seems likely, posts on here dry up, this topic will go to the bottom of the list and disappear. There is a lot of useful info on here, so is there a way of getting to a topic that has dropped off the list?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:52 pm

RogerL. That's a good question. I could archive the messages myself and probably add them to my new forum, but would that be breaching some kind of copyright?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:59 pm

Layit, I'm no expert on copyright, but you own the copyright for posts you have written yourself I would think, and similarly for all other posters. I would not think any of them would object, and I can't see that Betfair could have any veto.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:04 pm

RogerL. I might risk it then. The messages would be searchable on the new forum!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:07 pm

Layit, That would be excellent!

I have checked the terms and conditions for the forum, and there are no mentions about copying posts.

Would still like to know how you get to old topics on here though - it must be possible, surely.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:33 pm

My new domain is registered. This will be the permanent home for the forum:-

<a href="http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/" target="_blank">http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/</a>
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:54 pm

Originally posted by: Tony Hancock
Could somebody tell me what to do in the software,when i lay a horse and want to limit the losses if the horse looks like winning.Is it possible to set a back price in advance and then it gets automatically placed when the price is reached? cheers
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:10 am

Originally posted by: 21Ants
I've just joined the forum, hope all the techies are joining because I need all the help I can get. Does this mean this thread is about to finish, or shall we carry on using it until the forum has enough registered users... By the way Gary, I've got to hand it to you, the forum was only suggested yesterday and today it's up and running, have you ever thought of a career in politic's ??
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:44 am

Originally posted by: Wee Mac
RogerL, click on the top of this page so the 'Betfair: Forum text is dark blue. On your keyboard press the 'Ctrl ' button and the letter 'N@ simultaneously. A new IE window opens, and in the address bar you can change the number just before the word 'messages' to however many posts you want to see.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:45 am

Originally posted by: Wee Mac
* should say "the letter 'N'"
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:41 am

Originally posted by: You are logged in as
Gary,if the trigger criteria selects several bets are they submitted as a single http request, pipe delimited or as separate multiple requests ?

Think it's about time this thread died it's natural death .

Far too long now, just archive it on the new site imo. Think a new "One click trading - free program coming soon" thread should be started with a link to the forum.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:54 am

Wee Mac, THANK YOU!! That answer is gold dust! :o)))
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:19 am

You are logged in as. They are submitted as a single HTTP request.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Betfair General Betting Thread Archive