Racing Post tissue price capture example

Please submit your spreadsheets by email and I will include them here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Racing Post tissue price capture example

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:58 pm

https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/ ... Tissue.xls

Demonstrates using WinHttp.WinHttpRequest to capture text from a URL and extract tissue prices.

Also demonstrates using a custom function to incorporate the data with triggered betting. See column Y.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:35 pm

I have updated the example to work with the new Racing Post site. You can download it using the link in the previous message.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:54 am

I have added the ability for it to login using your credentials so that if you are a member you can get the prices before 9.00am. Just edit module1 and change the userName and password constants.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:37 am

I have fixed it to work with the recent changes made to the Racing Post website.

It now takes a few minutes when you start logging to the first market to load all the prices into memory. It has to retrieve a lot more data than it did previously. This delay only occurs on the first market.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:19 am

I have had to update it again today as one of the races is in a slightly different format and enough to stop the whole thing working.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:28 pm

I have updated it to ignore duplicate horse names. This should be very rare, but it happened today. When there is a duplicate the price will be zero. This was a quick fix, if I get more time in the future I will make it return both horses.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Fixed problem caused by latest update to Racing Post website.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 am

Fixed problem caused by latest update to Racing Post website.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Sample Triggered Betting Excel Sheets