1 second delay

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

1 second delay

Postby mystera » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:00 pm

can anyone tell me why theres a 1 second delay imposed by betfair when i place a bet horses inrunning?
mystera

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:08 pm

GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby alan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:38 pm

Horse racing carries no delay in running, why therefore is a 1 second delay imposed on Betassist? Maybe I don't understand.

Alan
alan

Postby Spike » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:58 pm

alan wrote:Horse racing carries no delay in running

If only......

Unfortunately betfair DOES impose a 1 second delay.
Spike

Postby alan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:44 pm

That is not true. I have it on good authority from Betfair themselves that with Horse Racing they do not impose a delay in running.
alan

Postby alan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 pm

This from the Betfair Forum

Has there always been a 1 sec 'In-running' delay imposed by Betfair..I don't recall always seeing this?

Clacker 28 Oct 18:51

yes for a long time

Sheep007 28 Oct 18:59

Well I've been using Gruss betting Assistant & its only been today that I've noticed the message appearing in the thin black box saying there will be a 1 sec delay imposed by Betfair?!
alan

Postby jokerjoe » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:17 pm

mystera wrote:can anyone tell me why theres a 1 second delay imposed by betfair when i place a bet horses inrunning?

Betfair imposes delays on in-running markets in order to (appear to) level the playing field between players with different access to informtion. The delay only affects the placing not cancelling of bets. For example say there is a half second delay between seeing the race on course and on television (though the gap is in fact larger), if a horse fell over a fence you could cancel your pending back bet at home before the on-course punters scooped up your bet.

Alan - there is definitely a delay, try betting manually through the Betfair website to verify this.
jokerjoe

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:52 am

alan wrote:That is not true. I have it on good authority from Betfair themselves that with Horse Racing they do not impose a delay in running.

You have been seriously misinformed. I suggest you speak to Betfair customer services.

I have just read the thread on Betfair's forum and I can assure you there is nothing to investigate, the delay has always been there. Have you recently updated your version of Betting Assistant? Maybe you were using an older version which did not show the delay message in red, but the delay would have been there all the same.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Betting Exchange shops

Postby alan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:35 pm

What version of Betting Assistant is used in the shops in London where you pay an up front fee of around £30 and you get live feed? Surely there is no delay in placing in play bets?
alan

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:00 pm

It's the same version that everyone else uses. There isn't a special version that avoids the delay. There isn't any software available that can avoid this delay. If someone says there is then they are misinformed or winding you up.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby doris_day » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:03 pm

As Gary and others have said, Betfair place a server side delay on ALL in-running bets. The length of the delay depends on the sport. In some soccer matches its 7 secs, on tennis its usually 5 secs etc.

In horse racing there is a 1 sec delay no matter what software you use, no matter what planet you bet from. Its a server side delay.
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby roseadison » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:59 am

Hi doris_day.
I think so that it is a server side delay.
roseadison

Return to Help