Looking for testimonials......

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Looking for testimonials......

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 am

Hi,

We are in the process of getting a new website and are looking to include some testimonials.

So would anyone care to write something, it should be no longer than a paragraph, short and snappy is best.

Thanks in advance.
Mark & Gary
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby 2020vision » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Hiya Gary and Mark :)

below in quotes is a genuine testimonial from me if you think it suitable?
I mean every word - Betting Assistant is definitely tops!

All the best - Michael :)

Hi Gary and Mark,

Just wanted to say that I find Gruss Betting Assistant to be the *best* Betfair software I have ever used. It’s been perfect for me for over two years now and is suitable whether or not I wish to make basic bets or use the Excel functionality for much more complex betting strategies. Your ongoing development, support and forum have also been second to none when I have had questions or problems. I know you cannot guarantee winnings but your software has turned me from a loser into a winner and I would now hate to play Betfair without it. I guess you have many happy users but I would bet not many as happy as me?

Brilliant and Thank You.

Michael R, Nottingham, UK.
2020vision

Postby osknows » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I've been extremely impressed with Betting Assistant which has become the only interface I use with Betfair. The program is extremely solid and reliable and is continually being improved with new features almost weekly. Communication and support is superb with a good knowledgable support base through their forum. Often new requests are implemented almost immediately. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this software to anyone; it gives new definition to the word professionalism. And all this for only £6 a month...
osknows

Postby doris_day » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 am

I've used Gruss almost every day over the past three years, trading in over 7000 markets a year. Most of this has been by way of automated algorithms I've created in Excel and the rest using the excellent ladder interface and trading in-play tennis matches manually. The software has been a joy to use and easily customised to my own requirements. There is no doubt that no other commercially available software would have allowed me to make the substantial income I have been enjoying over this time.
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby xraymitch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:03 pm

For the past 18 months, 7 days a week, and at least 10 hours per day, I have relied soley upon BA to place bets unattended in Horse Racing Markets using my Excel sheets. BA is rock solid and I have 100% confidence in trusting my finances to it. Can I also add that the Forum with it's quality of discussion, willingness by members to help others, and Gary's timely responses, is superb.
xraymitch

Postby johnnic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:45 am

An excellent product with outstanding support.
johnnic

Postby Spike » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:46 am

I first discovered Gruss B.A. a little more than a year ago when I was looking for a way to automate a very simple betting strategy. I was delighted to find how easy this was to do using B.A and Excel. I had almost no prior experience of Excel but I was up and running in a couple of hours.

I quickly realised that B.A with Excel integration was capable of much more than I was using it for and began devising new strategies to take advantage of it's capabilities. Since then I've had success after success as I've discovered new ways of exploiting the Betfair markets and become better at realising them. I've enjoyed the process and learned some good new skills along the way too.

Winning on Betfair isn't easy and Gruss B.A. isn't a magic bullet, you still have to figure out ways of beating a very sophisticated market and you still need to be calm, patient and sensible. What Gruss does do though is put the right tools at your fingertips with super fast, totally reliable and easy to use software that can do everything you will ever need. I am now one of the lucky few who make good money day in, day out on Betfair, so a big thank you to Gruss for making that possible.

Michael
Spike

Betting Assistant

Postby dgs2001 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:42 am

As a long time user of Betting Assistant, the service and support from both the developers and other users via the forum is second to none.
I have been able with the help of Betting Assistant to improve my understanding and knowledge of the Betfair markets, without this software I would be no where near the level I am now at.

Worth Every Penny
Thanks and keep up the good work Duncan

As an asside I hope when your new website is up and running then searching for Betting Assistant on google will bring up the software, because at the moment a search for Gruss works but not BA.

Duncan
dgs2001

Re: Betting Assistant

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

dgs2001 wrote:
As a long time user of Betting Assistant, the service and support from both the developers and other users via the forum is second to none.
I have been able with the help of Betting Assistant to improve my understanding and knowledge of the Betfair markets, without this software I would be no where near the level I am now at.

Worth Every Penny
Thanks and keep up the good work Duncan

As an asside I hope when your new website is up and running then searching for Betting Assistant on google will bring up the software, because at the moment a search for Gruss works but not BA.

Duncan

Of course. SEO is going to be a big priority. In fact it will be handled by professionals in that area.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 am

I have used Gruss Betting Assistant for many years and have found it to be extremely comprehensive, easy to use, reliable and affordable.
The software incorporates an extensive range of features and tools, including the interface with Excel enabling the user to design and create unique trading strategies.
Gary & Mark provide excellent support for their customers, especially the way they "listen” to new ideas and then develop these as enhancements into future releases.
A great piece of software, highly recommended.
Castillo

Re: Looking for testimonials......

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:23 am

MarkRussell wrote:Hi,

We are in the process of getting a new website and are looking to include some testimonials.

So would anyone care to write something, it should be no longer than a paragraph, short and snappy is best.

Thanks in advance.
Mark & Gary

I think you'd be better off just cherry picking phrases out of the testimonials rather than having people try to write a snappy advert. The snappy type testimonials can end up looking contrived and false when written purposely by amateurs like us and it's hard to paraphrase all BA's options in one simple phrase :)

Be easy enough to have a separate page with full testimonials on and just a snippet displayed somewhere on the front page with a link to the full testimonial. Might be an idea to have the testimonial snippet on the page randomly selected by php or whatever just so the snippet changes when people are navigating around the site to show there's more than one happy customer and stop the site from appearing too static for returning customers. Be easy enough to have any hyperlink to the relevant testimonial added just by using html anchors to the testimonials page.

".. super fast, totally reliable and easy to use software that can do everything you will ever need.

Michael" ...read more

"....ongoing development, support and forum have also been second to none.

Michael R" ...read more

"The software has been a joy to use and easily customised....

Doris" ...read more
Captain Sensible

Postby danjuma » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Ok, not sure the reason behind the changing of the forum design, but must say this new colour is awful!

Anyway, with regards to testimonies, I have used/tried quite a few bots. and if I were to chose the top 3 bots, Gruss BA would definitely be among. Personally, my main bot of choice (ie. that I use mainly) is Gruss BA, and my reasons for this are:

1. Probably the best value for money.
2. Probably the best customer service (or among the best customer service), quite outstanding.
3. Definitely the best excel integration, capability and flexibility.
5. Bar one other bot out there, and excluding the non-availability of the ability to be able to open many individual markets as possible separately in pop-up ladders, a very good and easy to use design/layout/interface.

Cheers
Dan
danjuma

Postby greenfingers » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:33 am

MY BLOG HAS BEEN QUOTED BUT ACCREDITED TO ANOTHER PERSON ON YOUR NEW WEBSITE! :evil:

http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogspot ... tting.html

I am NOT "Big" Mike Marsland! Please attribute this quote to the blog.

p.s. I like the new website look - it's so much more appealing now. When I tried out other software years ago I was really put off Gruss because there was so little info on the website and it was only after getting a couple of strong recommendations that I tried Gruss. I'll write a seperate testimonial for you under my forum name once the blog one has been cleared up!
greenfingers

Postby MarkRussell » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Greenfingers,

I can't apologise enough. I know that Fat Media (our web developers) did intend to get a quote from "big" Mike and they have obviously got mixed up.

I'm sorry that we didn't spot the mistake.

What name would you like us to put so that you can be correctly accredited e.g. greenfingers or Mindgames with a link to the blog?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby greenfingers » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:54 pm

I guessed that's what had likely happened! I would've got properly mad otherwise! Please attribute it to Betfair Trading Mind Games, a link would be great if possible but no problem if not.

As that post is a year old I'm not sure if the part about Last Price Matched in Excel is unique to Betting Assistant still? Maybe it could read, "....Excel integration offers significantly more features, access to more types of data, and many additional commands to automate triggered bets."

I've written an additional testimonial for you to consider which can just go under "greenfingers" if it's any use to you. Cheers.
greenfingers

Next

Return to Announcements