API issues 13th February 2013

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 pm

samhayer wrote:Hi I cant uninstall or install the upgrade keeps saying admin policies prevent any advise please

Is it not an option for your to login as administrator to install it? If admin policies prevent you it sounds like this is deliberate to prevent you installing software and we can not get round this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

chip wrote:TRying to run the installation program. My Norton scans the file and says it is safe. But then this Windows Explorer pops up ans says "This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer." The only options is presents are to "Don't run this program" or "Delete". Very helpful.
[/img]

Do you have the option to run the installation file as an administrator?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm

GaryRussell wrote:
ians1711 wrote:On further checking looks like it is a call to GetEvents that is hanging - presumably trying to get Australian events for a soccer match?

I will investigate.

Betfair have resolved the issue so this should now be working.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Graham » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Sorry Gary, I'm a bit unclear as to whether I need to uninstall and reinstall. I am using 1.1.0.66x84. I understand there are some API issues that just started (I managed to load markets into 5 of 7 instances, but the last two I opened are continually fetching markets). Will reinstalling to the new version fix this?

Thanks

Graham
Graham

Postby chip » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:52 pm

I seemed to have made some progress, now I am able to run the installation, but it won't continue unless i uninstall previous versions.

Is that the way to go? Will I lose any profiles?
chip

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:55 pm

chip wrote:I seemed to have made some progress, now I am able to run the installation, but it won't continue unless i uninstall previous versions.

Is that the way to go? Will I lose any profiles?

That's right. You should not lose profiles.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Graham wrote:Sorry Gary, I'm a bit unclear as to whether I need to uninstall and reinstall. I am using 1.1.0.66x84. I understand there are some API issues that just started (I managed to load markets into 5 of 7 instances, but the last two I opened are continually fetching markets). Will reinstalling to the new version fix this?

Thanks

Graham

You shouldn't need to re-install now. Does restarting those instances help?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Graham » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 pm

No, tried that, now on retry 90. Other instances operating fine, I'm reluctant to close those to reinstall just in case!
Graham

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Graham wrote:No, tried that, now on retry 90. Other instances operating fine, I'm reluctant to close those to reinstall just in case!

It might be the Australian API playing up. Just timed out on me, but worked eventually. If you don't need Australian markets and "Include Australian markets" is ticked in quick pick preferences then try unticking it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Graham » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Just double checked that aus markets is unticked, as all my profiles are so not that. I tried refreshing markets on a machine already running, no luck, up to 100 retries.

I tried starting another machine running same version, again, no luck. Tried reinstalling, but lost profiles and went back to old purple and blue logo, so downloaded from the msi3 link you posted. Markets loaded fine (incidentally no version number appearing though)
Graham

Postby Graham » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:12 pm

And of course, after writing that, markets are now loading perfectly. Sorry about that. SOmething was playing up somewhere though!
Graham

do we still have to use 1.1.0.65z9c

Postby Fawltyrat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 am

dutch bug in it..lays at back odds instead of lay odds if i dutch lay field..

is the beta working again?
Fawltyrat

Re: do we still have to use 1.1.0.65z9c

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 am

Fawltyrat wrote:dutch bug in it..lays at back odds instead of lay odds if i dutch lay field..

is the beta working again?

See http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=7712
GaryRussell
Site Admin

download problem

Postby glomo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:35 am

I can't seem to download http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... _Beta3.msi on whatever browser I have on my computer - I don't think it is a cache problem or something like that.
glomo

Previous

Return to Announcements