New Dashboard feature

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

New Dashboard feature

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Beta version 1.1.0.66x85i (download here) includes a new "Dashboard" feature.

This feature can be accessed from the Account menu. It basically shows the green up amounts possible across all markets you currently have bets in.

This is still early in development so we would be grateful for feedback on how we can improve it.

There are four panels.

1. Portfolio Summary: This displays your available funds, exposure, profit that can be locked in and profit already locked in. Click on the portfolio value to place green up bets on all markets.

2. Markets: This lists all markets you have bets on and the profit that can be locked in on that market. Click on the floating P&L column to place green up bets on that individual market. Click on the market column to open that market in a new tab.

3. Unmatched bets: This displays all unmatched bets. You can also cancel bets by clicking the "X" column.

4. Selections: This lists the individual selections, the current P&L for each selection and the potential level profit. Click on the level profit column to place a green up bet on that individual selection.

Please be aware of the following.

1. The summary is refreshed every 10 seconds.

2. When green up bets are placed unmatched bets are not cancelled so you will need to manage these.

3. Each selection is greened up by placing a bet against that selection to achieve level profit for that individual selection. The calculation is not based on the overall P&L in the market. ie. If you click on "Portfolio value" to green up all markets it is equivalent to clicking the "Level Profit" column for each individual selection.

4. There is currently a problem with Asian Handicap markets where bets below minimum stake do not work. This is an API issue and is being investigated by Betfair.

5. The summary does not combine both UK and Australian wallets. There is an option to switch between wallets.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Beta version

Postby sjaak1943 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 am

The link works, but the new program does not. Uninstall impossible. No login screen.
sjaak1943

Re: Beta version

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:54 am

sjaak1943 wrote:The link works, but the new program does not. Uninstall impossible. No login screen.

When you run Betting Assistant there is no log in box?
Are you sure it isn't behind another Window?
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:24 am

Sounds like your system is corrupt. You could try a system restore.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

beta version

Postby sjaak1943 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Try it out tonight, now BA (normal version) is running with my systems.
sjaak1943

beta version

Postby sjaak1943 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 pm

After system restore, new download and installation it's working now.
sjaak1943

No login

Postby merlmagic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Just to add weight to the above the same thing happened with me. The first time I loaded up the new beta it crashed. No login screen. Just grey background. I had to use task manager to cancel the process. Worked fine the second time. Very strange.
merlmagic

Re: No login

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:01 am

merlmagic wrote:Just to add weight to the above the same thing happened with me. The first time I loaded up the new beta it crashed. No login screen. Just grey background. I had to use task manager to cancel the process. Worked fine the second time. Very strange.

Same happened to me with the last beta the login screen was just hiding behind another window like Mark posted. Just had to Alt+Tab to find it.
Captain Sensible

Postby milfor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 am

Thank you Captain for the Alt+Tab hint. This is much better than killing BA
with the task manager and restarting it.

Interestingly one should not change with Alt+Tab to the Gruss symbol (white
G on a green diamond) but to a symbol with an orange, red and blue
rectangle.
milfor

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:51 am

It is very strange. The login form is owned by the main form and therefore should always be shown with it. I've made the login form a topmost window in the latest build. Hopefully this will prevent the issue.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mithcd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:30 pm

So far so good. Link works already. Not sure but I think the changes worked.
Talent Works, Genius Creates. Image
mithcd

Postby scarlett3 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Rather a late reply as I had been using version 1.1.0.66x84 which doesn't have this feature.

Having tried it for a couple of days, I really like it :D

Could I make one suggestion, though?

Rename 'portfolio value at current market price' to 'Total PL of matched bets at current market price'.

And make the new 'portfolio value at current market price' = 'funds available to bet' + 'potential exposure if all bets matched' (ignoring negative sign) + 'Total PL of matched bets at current market price'.

It is useful to know the current P/L position of matched bets if closed at current market prices, but I would find it also useful to know what my BF balance would become if I were to close out all my bets at current market prices.

At the moment it is not straightforward to follow how my overall BF position is progressing. For example, when events finish, there can be a large change in the 'portfolio value at current market price' value, but I then have to look at how much the 'funds available to bet' has changed to work out if my overall position has improved since the last time that I checked.

I hope this makes sense. It would make the 'portfolio value' measure more akin to the value of a financial portfolio in which there are both financial assets (bets placed on BF) and cash (BF funds available).
scarlett3

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:08 am

scarlett3 wrote:Rather a late reply as I had been using version 1.1.0.66x84 which doesn't have this feature.

Having tried it for a couple of days, I really like it :D

Could I make one suggestion, though?

Rename 'portfolio value at current market price' to 'Total PL of matched bets at current market price'.

And make the new 'portfolio value at current market price' = 'funds available to bet' + 'potential exposure if all bets matched' (ignoring negative sign) + 'Total PL of matched bets at current market price'.

It is useful to know the current P/L position of matched bets if closed at current market prices, but I would find it also useful to know what my BF balance would become if I were to close out all my bets at current market prices.

At the moment it is not straightforward to follow how my overall BF position is progressing. For example, when events finish, there can be a large change in the 'portfolio value at current market price' value, but I then have to look at how much the 'funds available to bet' has changed to work out if my overall position has improved since the last time that I checked.

I hope this makes sense. It would make the 'portfolio value' measure more akin to the value of a financial portfolio in which there are both financial assets (bets placed on BF) and cash (BF funds available).

Thanks for the feedback. We will see what we can do.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby clrocha » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi,
In the board tick offset, the option Fill% means that the offset bet will be X% of the bet? I tried to used this option but it always put 100% of the bet...
clrocha

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:19 am

clrocha wrote:Hi,
In the board tick offset, the option Fill% means that the offset bet will be X% of the bet? I tried to used this option but it always put 100% of the bet...

It actually means stop placing further offset bets if the bet is x% filled. If the bet is fully matched in one chunk then the whole matched amount is placed.

If for example you have £50 of £100 matched initially and fill %50 then £50 offset will be placed, but no further offsets. If £100 is matched initially then £100 offset will be placed.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Announcements