New Version Released (ver 1.2.0.0)

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

New Version Released (ver 1.2.0.0)

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:55 am

Hi,

We have finally promoted our Beta version of Betting Assistant for Betfair to our new official version.

You can download it here
You will need to uninstall the old version via Windows Control Panel but your preferences should be retained when you install the new version.

Along with this new version is a new User Guide which is now in html format.
You can view the User Guide online using the following link:-
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/UserGuide/help.htm
It is also available as a PDF download here

The new version contains a lot of new stuff including some bug fixes.
Here is a summary of what is new in this version:-

Bug Fixes
Fixed bug where progress bar does not disappear after loading coupon and coupon only includes one market.

Fixed bug where Excel trigger to load quick pick list used and no markets available resulting in empty list causes Excel to stop updating.
The list had to be manually reloaded to get it working again.

Fixed bug where bets not updating if market contains more than 255 selections.

Fixed bug where liability amount not visible in back/lay field confirmation title bar.

Fixed bug where cannot login without closing application if initial login fails due to loss of internet connection.

Fixed bug where opening new tab page while refreshing markets caused market refresh to get stuck in a loop.
The option is now disabled until the refresh is complete.

Fixed bug where televised greyhound place markets not being added to quick pick list.

Fixed bug affecting offset requests in Asian Handicap markets.
If the back price was 1.05 and the offset was -20 ticks then it calculated odds below 1.01 preventing the bet being placed.
It will now request 1.01

Fixed bug where it could not log to Excel columns exceeding Z in some instances.

Fixed bug where SLC trigger modifier not working with fractions of seconds, eg. SLC0.5

Fixed bug where keep bet options on MyBets tabs disappearing when switching between tab pages.

Fixed bug where My Bets scrolling automatically when another window displayed then closed (eg. price history chart)

Fixed bug where multiple markets in first tab not working with Excel quick link.

Minor New Features
Added right click sort option to back and lay odds.

Added right click option to market header in grid to hide stake buttons area.

Added all in play soccer correct score option to quick pick list. Excel trigger is -3.41

Added option to colour preferences to change grid lines colour on ladder interface.

COM interface function loadQuickPickList now supports all markets that can be added manually:-
UK Win Horse Racing
UK Place Horse Racing
Ireland Win Horse Racing
Ireland Place Horse Racing
US Win Horse Racing
US Place Horse Racing
AUS Win Horse Racing
AUS Place Horse Racing
RSA Win Horse Racing
UK Greyhounds Win
AUS Win Gallops (Horse Racing)
AUS Win Harness (Horse Racing)
AUS Place Gallops (Horse Racing)
AUS Place Harness (Horse Racing)
NZL Win Horse Racing
NZL Place Horse Racing
NZL Win Gallops (Horse Racing)
NZL Win Harness (Horse Racing)
RSA Place Horse Racing
UAE Win Horse Racing
UAE Place Horse Racing
FRA Win Horse Racing
FRA Place Horse Racing
GER Win Horse Racing
GER Place Horse Racing
UK Greyhounds Place
UK Greyhounds Win Bags
UK Greyhounds Win Evening
UK Greyhounds Win Televised
AUS Greyhounds Win
UK Greyhounds Forecast
Soccer In Play
Soccer Correct Score In Play
Tennis In Play
MLB Baseball In Play

Added new keep bet option to Betting Options panel, “Keep offset IP”.
If this option is ticked and a tick offset/stop loss bet is placed then the initial bet will be cancelled if not matched before the market is turned in play.
If the bet is matched and the tick offset/stop loss bets are triggered then they will not be cancelled when the market is turned in play.

Excel trigger CANCEL-ALL-MARKET trigger ignored –KO option.
It always behaved as if –KO specified.
It now works the same as CANCEL-ALL.

Added “P&L contains win & lose figures in multi winner markets” option to Excel quick link dialog.

Cross matching calculation now applied to all American Football markets.

Added new option to ladder preferences: “Display stake when dragging to change odds”.
This is to make the display of stake being moved optional.

Added “Offset odds by ticks” option to custom column when current odds used.
It can now be set to add a subtract a number of ticks from the current odds or from the opposing odds.

Added new columns to grid interface: “Horse Notes (First Line)”.
This column displays the first line of any horse notes entered.
Click the column to edit the notes.

Added marketId:Integer to BetDetail COM object.

When the column headers are hidden it was possible to resize the columns using any row of the selections.
This caused an issue for one user and the cursor changing to double arrow could be distracting.
It is now only possible to resize the columns when the headers are displayed.

Added search options to add markets to quick pick list and coupon markets.

Added optional fill or kill delay parameter to COM function placeBet, eg. placeBet(0, "B", 500, 2, True, "", 5)

Added new “T” button to standard grid header.
Click this button to open market in a new tab page.

Speeded up closing of tab pages.

Added new COM function placeBets to place multiple bets in one request. The syntax is the same as placeBet except the following parameters are now arrays:-
Selection id, bet type, odds, stake and token

Added selectionId:Integer property to COM Price object.
This is Betfair’s selection id.

Added up and down arrow button to selection in chart popup to enable quick display of next and previous selections.

Added option to display stall draw number next to silks on ladder.

Added option to add soccer in play over/under 2.5 goal markets to quick pick list. Excel trigger is -3.42

Added new command line option to auto load excel quick link workbooks.
Just provide excelql as a command line parameter.

Added option to add Australian Greyhounds Place markets to quick pick list. Excel trigger is -3.43

Added master column number option to custom columns.
If value is greater than zero then all columns with the same master column number will be processed as if all clicked at the same time.
Only one of the columns need to be visible.

Baseball markets are now recognised cross matched markets.

Diagnostic log files are now stored in the same folder as the user preferences.
They were previously stored in C:\temp, but this caused issues with security on some systems.

Added hot keys to navigate and close markets in coupon view.

Favourite markets can now be selected on the market tree.

Disabled up and down arrows on sort order drop down for grid interface.

Added option to export quick pick list data to worksheet in Excel.
The worksheet needs to be named YourWorkSheet_QuickPickList if this option is selected.
YourWorkSheet is the corresponding market worksheet.

Default maximum diagnostic log file size is now 10mb.
It can be changed in Preferences|Files.

Added option to grid preferences to display amounts offered to 0, 1 or 2 decimal places.

Added web proxy server option to login screen.

New ladder interface option: Show Traded Volume as Ratio of Largest Amount

New ladder interface option: Highlight last 60 seconds of traded volume

New ladder interface option: Display last price matched chart in level profit column or separate

New ladder interface option: Display last price matched chart next to traded volume column

New ladder interface option: Option to specify last price matched chart indicator widths

Added full market hedge button to ladder interface

Option to select or deselect selections from market overview chart

Option to hide commission added to account menu

Major New Feature
Dashboard
This feature can be accessed from the Account menu.
It basically shows the green up amounts possible across all markets you currently have bets in.

There are four panels:-

Portfolio Summary: This displays your available funds, exposure, profit that can be locked in and profit already locked in. Click on the portfolio value to place green up bets on all markets.

Markets: This lists all markets you have bets on and the profit that can be locked in on that market. Click on the floating P&L column to place green up bets on that individual market. Click on the market column to open that market in a new tab.

Unmatched bets: This displays all unmatched bets. You can also cancel bets by clicking the "X" column.

Selections: This lists the individual selections, the current P&L for each selection and the potential level profit. Click on the level profit column to place a green up bet on that individual selection.

Please be aware of the following:-
1. The summary is refreshed every 10 seconds.
2. When green up bets are placed unmatched bets are not cancelled so you will need to manage these.
3. Each selection is greened up by placing a bet against that selection to achieve level profit for that individual selection. The calculation is not based on the overall P&L in the market. ie. If you click on "Portfolio value" to green up all markets it is equivalent to clicking the "Level Profit" column for each individual selection.
4. There is currently a problem with Asian Handicap markets where bets below minimum stake do not work. This is an API issue and is being investigated by Betfair.
5. The summary does not combine both UK and Australian wallets. There is an option to switch between wallets.

Regards,
Mark & Gary
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Re: New Version Released (ver 1.2.0.0)

Postby MiniBlueDragon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Betfair version I assume?
MiniBlueDragon

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Yes this is for our Betfair Betting Assistant.

We do intend to bring Betdaq Betting Assistant to the same standard at some point in the future.

I've edited my original post to make it clear which software I was referring to.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby MiniBlueDragon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 pm

No worries; just checking ;)
MiniBlueDragon

Postby mak » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:37 am

This version using also the new API-NG?
I read somewhere that there is an option to inform when the cross match algorithm is on or off. Will this be available also when you release the new api-ng version on November?
mak

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:12 am

Hi,

Version 1.2.0.0 is not using API-NG

We are currently working on the next version that will use API-NG.
The new API has the option to receive prices with the cross matching algorithm already applied but we will still provide an option to have the software make the calculations and therefore be able to show virtual odds and amounts generated by cross-matching.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby mak » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks Mark!
If I remember correct I read that BF is switching on and off the cross matching algorithm and the new api will have a "flag" or something to let the users now. Can you please check this out?
If this is true is there a way to know that info now? I really can't understand if this is the case why the switching it on and off.
mak

Postby hippone » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:49 pm

great update but one tiny problem I'm having is when you minimize the betting assistant it won't come up when i try to click on it ,I'm using xp

other than that great work guys
hippone

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:02 pm

hippone wrote:great update but one tiny problem I'm having is when you minimize the betting assistant it won't come up when i try to click on it ,I'm using xp

other than that great work guys

Doesn't happen to me, I'm using Windows 7.
What happens if you use alt-tab to bring it back?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby hippone » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:22 pm

hi mark

the shortcut works well (alt-tab) plus the right mouse with restore .thanks a lot mark helps a lot
hippone

Postby mike » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi Mark, Gary,

Thank you for the new version. Just one tiny point. It seems to me that the Alt-navigation is no longer working in the main menu. For example, normally I could use Alt+E to navigate to the Excel options menu. Can this be the case?

thanks and regards,
Mike
mike

Postby tom19235 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Regarding this new feature: Added marketId:Integer to BetDetail COM object

Q1. Is there a sample spreadsheet outlining how to use this?

Q2. How do I use the market ID feature to get the marketID of all of the markets I have in my quick pick list? Do I need to have a bet on to use this
or is it possible to ask BA the following. "What is the market ID of : "Burnley v Man Utd - Man Utd Win Both Halves" ?
( http://sports.betfair.com/?mi=115115115 )

Q3. For soccer matches that kick off at the same time, does BA sort according to kick off time and then sort according to market ID?

Thank you. The performance improvements in BA look well implemented.
tom19235

Postby Fixador » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Migration from ver 1.1.0.66x85n beta to ver 1.2.0.1 beta both on win7 (same netbook ! )

Screen resolution 1024 x 600 functioning fine before migration, however afterwards in order to log prices to Excel, ie the popup window headed "Excel - log current prices" spills of the bottom off the screen - so cannot see the cmd buttons "Cancel" and "OK".

Solution used at the moment is to increase the resolution up a notch prior to attempting this linking to Excel procedure, then when all setup to drop screen resolution back down.

Why not stay at the higher resolution all the time ? well for the most rivial of reasons .... looks naff ! need a better reason - well, the Excel spreadsheet grid is flashing at the higher resolution.

Or is the flashing of the grid something else ?

Netbook spec is something like cpu 1.5 GHz with 1GB ram and refresh rate once/sec

Grubby old man teeth grind over !
Fixador

Postby honest guv » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:00 pm

I have the same problem as Fixador on my netbook.

My solution was to tab around the screen until i couldn't see where focus was, and then pressed enter, which would either invoke 'OK', so Excel started populating, or cancelled the window in which case I'd try again.

Is it possible to add a vertical scroll bar to the Excel - log current prices window?
honest guv

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:53 am

Another question Gary. Does 1.2.0.0 still use the UK server for times or the Australian one. So are those of us in Australia going to have the usual problem on Daylight saving switch or is that now a thing of the past?

Thanks
Happy Harry

Next

Return to Announcements