Betting Assistant for API-NG

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Betting Assistant for API-NG

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:13 am

As some of you are aware the current API is being switched off on 31st October 2014. We have completed the migration to API-NG and have submitted the application to Betfair for approval.

We would be grateful if anyone wanting to test it could email admin@gruss-software.co.uk and we will provide the download link.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Re: Betting Assistant for API-NG

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:54 pm

I've been using it a few days and so far no difference to the previous API6 version, only thing I have noticed is that any BSP of 1000 is returning as 1, don't know if that's down to the API-NG or coding within BA. Guess it could be a problem if people are using the BSP figures to trigger things but does seem to only occur at 1000
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 pm

[attachment=0]1.png[/attachment]
Captain Sensible

Postby the_mathman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 am

[quote="GaryRussell"]As some of you are aware the current API is being switched off on 31st October 2014. We have completed the migration to API-NG and have submitted the application to Betfair for approval.

We would be grateful if anyone wanting to test it could email admin@gruss-software.co.uk and we will provide the download link.[/quote]

Hello!
This application will be compatible with betfair.it or work on betfair.com only?
the_mathman

Postby roi71 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi! I am a happy user of 1.1.0.66x84...

After installing the new 1.3.0.0 i am not so happy... but may be all go right... I have some questions:

1) How can I set the volume color bar in old green? This yellow is very very bad... Is possible change the colours?
2) How can I remove the white box of odds 2 3 4 6 10 20 ? it is very bad for people that use betting assistant from 8 years.... ok for the changes... but I would like have the chance to disable this...
3) I see in the ladder, the amount with decimal... is very very bad this... how can I set with only full numbers?

In the end I must admit that BA_API6 is faster of BA_APING I hope will be better.... may be that I don't know what is the right setting...

THX for help
roi71

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:32 pm

roi71 wrote:Hi! I am a happy user of 1.1.0.66x84...

After installing the new 1.3.0.0 i am not so happy... but may be all go right... I have some questions:

1) How can I set the volume color bar in old green? This yellow is very very bad... Is possible change the colours?
2) How can I remove the white box of odds 2 3 4 6 10 20 ? it is very bad for people that use betting assistant from 8 years.... ok for the changes... but I would like have the chance to disable this...
3) I see in the ladder, the amount with decimal... is very very bad this... how can I set with only full numbers?

In the end I must admit that BA_API6 is faster of BA_APING I hope will be better.... may be that I don't know what is the right setting...

THX for help

1) We will be adding an option soon.
2) We will make this optional soon.
3) I am not sure what you are referring to. Can you send a screenshot to admin@gruss-software.co.uk

The API does seem to be performing slower today so no settings need changing. We will just have to wait and see if it improves.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby roi71 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Ok I have sended you now the screen in your email.

I take this opportunity to point out to your attention that a keyboard shortcut would be very welcome to reset the volumes in the ladder ... I lost a fortune to to click the check box to clear it with muose. I suggest key "ALT" I suggest to an auto reset of volumes in variable seconds....this is the maxiumu :)
roi71

Postby lNINl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 am

I have been testing 1.3.0.0 and have found that the UPDATESTAKE trigger when used to increase a stake doesn't work and returns an INVALID_SIZE error. Also the UPDATESTAKE trigger doesn't work on Australian races at all. Increasing or decreasing, it does nothing with no error message.

One good thing about 1.3.0.0 is that the UPDATESTAKE trigger can now be used to decrease a stake to 0 and therefore we can batch cancel across selections. When this is used on say 10-15 selections the bets are cancelled immediately in one batch but the excel spreadsheet then freezes with no updating for about 10 seconds before all the Bet Refs are changed to CANCELLED.

If this freezing could be improved and the Update Bets Batch Size number could be allowed to increase past 15 (API-NG allows up to 60 updates or cancels in one batch) then this could be a good way to batch cancel without you having to reprogram the CANCEL trigger.

Thanks.
lNINl

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:36 pm

I've also noticed the NG version won't let me update stakes via the grid interface either just gives a "Update bet error: INVALID_SIZE" no problem updating the price and the stake was just going from £50 to £100 so not an invalid size. I thought the new API allowed stakes and price to be altered at the same time too so be good if that was implemented
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Unfortunately the new API does not support stake increase and does not support stake and odds change at the same time. I will have to make it create a new bet when stake increased. It's taken a step back in some respects.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:01 pm

roi71 wrote:Ok I have sended you now the screen in your email.

I take this opportunity to point out to your attention that a keyboard shortcut would be very welcome to reset the volumes in the ladder ... I lost a fortune to to click the check box to clear it with muose. I suggest key "ALT" I suggest to an auto reset of volumes in variable seconds....this is the maxiumu :)

We have received your screenshot and now understand your issue. We will see what we can do about making the display of stakes below mininum showing cents optional although not sure why you would not want to see this information because surely 0.50 is more informative than 1.0
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby roi71 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:05 pm

because when it appears for example 1.65, it seems that .... 165, it is easy to get confused during fast scalping... immagine for a scalper that trade on odds over 20 for example... or think about for in-running trading... Please get an option that don't show 2 or under 2. THX

Can I get a reply for the "reset volume keyboard shortcut" also? thx
roi71

Postby plato » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:26 am

Hi... I am having a problem with new 1.3 ver on my main computer. It runs okay on old computer.
I uninstalled old ver as recommendet and have latest net framwork. I am using windows 7. Betting Assistant loads up normally. The problem occurs when I try to put on bet. Betting Assistant freezes and I have to forces it to shut down.
Thanks for any help
plato

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:39 am

Could it be that the popup is displaying off screen? Try selecting "Reset place bet popup position" from options menu after opening application. You only need to do this once.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby plato » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:53 am

Thank's Gary.
That was quick reply. That fixed the problem.
plato

Next

Return to Announcements