Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Betting Assistant New Version

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi,

As you may be aware Betfair are retiring the current API which is now scheduled to be switched off on 10-Nov-2014.
The new API called API-NG is it's replacement.
You can see an overview of API-NG via the following link:-
https://api.developer.betfair.com/services/webapps/docs/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/API-NG+Overview

As result of this switch over it means that all users must upgrade to our new version (ver 1.3.0.0)

Please do this as soon as possible.

Firstly close Betting Assistant and uninstall via Windows Control Panel.
Then install using the following link:-
https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/Betting_Assistant.msi

All your saved settings should be kept in tact as they are not deleted as part of the uninstall.

Regards,
Mark & Gary
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby N Counter » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:44 pm

I installed this version as requested but was disappointed to find a problem in the first match I worked. The back bet offers were jumping all over the place and the last price matched values were flicking around with no cause. Also prior to kick off the money matched charts were incomplete. My other computers with the old version were working fine in both respects. I had to uninstall and revert to the previous version mid match.
N Counter

Postby chrisri » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:13 am

Hello Gary,

Started looking at new version this morning. I had left it running for an hour or so and noticed the graph in attached image. I suppose something similar could occur if the last traded price jumped between 2.42 and 2.62, but there would be a gap between each tick in the graph.

Regards,
Chris[attachment=0]OddGraph.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
OddGraph.jpg
OddGraph.jpg (58.22 KiB) Viewed 143429 times
chrisri

Postby mtysocks » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:36 am

Hi. I have just downloaded this new version and I cant login. I can login to the BF Website, but using the same details I cannot do so via the new Version. If I use the previous version of BA (on another computer) I can login with my details. Please can you help or point me in the right direction. Thanks
mtysocks

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:40 am

mtysocks wrote:Hi. I have just downloaded this new version and I cant login. I can login to the BF Website, but using the same details I cannot do so via the new Version. If I use the previous version of BA (on another computer) I can login with my details. Please can you help or point me in the right direction. Thanks

Please email admin@gruss-software.co.uk

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 pm

N Counter wrote:I installed this version as requested but was disappointed to find a problem in the first match I worked. The back bet offers were jumping all over the place and the last price matched values were flicking around with no cause. Also prior to kick off the money matched charts were incomplete. My other computers with the old version were working fine in both respects. I had to uninstall and revert to the previous version mid match.

This hasn't been the typical experience. I will investigate.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:25 pm

chrisri wrote:Hello Gary,

Started looking at new version this morning. I had left it running for an hour or so and noticed the graph in attached image. I suppose something similar could occur if the last traded price jumped between 2.42 and 2.62, but there would be a gap between each tick in the graph.

Regards,
Chris
OddGraph.jpg

It does suggest some inconsistency in the API data. We have seen issues like this before when the API servers weren't in sync causing prices to jump all over the place. I will investigate and report to Betfair if necessary.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby wynhowe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:12 pm

I seem to be unable to bet below the Betfair min on the new platform - apologies if this has been raised elsewhere.
wynhowe

Postby phrenetic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:21 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="chrisri"]Hello Gary,

Regards,
Chris[attachment=0]OddGraph.jpg[/attachment][/quote]
It does suggest some inconsistency in the API data. We have seen issues like this before when the API servers weren't in sync causing prices to jump all over the place. I will investigate and report to Betfair if necessary.[/quote]
Sadly it appears to be a known problem with the new API-NG. Last traded price and traded volume seem to fluctuate between two values making the data somewhat inconsistent. I understand that Betfair are investigating.
phrenetic

Postby N Counter » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:35 pm

This must be a problem at Betfair's end but yesterday the old version had the premier league matches for this weekend. The new one didn't and doesn't even have them today.
N Counter

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:11 pm

wynhowe wrote:I seem to be unable to bet below the Betfair min on the new platform - apologies if this has been raised elsewhere.

I have just found the cause of this bug. I will fix it as soon as possible.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:12 pm

N Counter wrote:This must be a problem at Betfair's end but yesterday the old version had the premier league matches for this weekend. The new one didn't and doesn't even have them today.

I am aware of this issue. I looking into a solution.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 pm

wynhowe wrote:I seem to be unable to bet below the Betfair min on the new platform - apologies if this has been raised elsewhere.

This bug has been fixed.

Please re-install from https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:54 pm

GaryRussell wrote:
chrisri wrote:Hello Gary,

Regards,
Chris
OddGraph.jpg

It does suggest some inconsistency in the API data. We have seen issues like this before when the API servers weren't in sync causing prices to jump all over the place. I will investigate and report to Betfair if necessary.

Betfair are rolling out an update at 9.00 am tomorrow to address this issue. We shall monitor the situation.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby ribofilio » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Average price column on grid going haywire on new version
ribofilio

Next

Return to Announcements