Sports Trading Book

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Sports Trading Book

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi,

One of our respected Gruss Users has brought out his own book on Sports Trading on Betfair and Betdaq.

You can download a sample from the book:- [Click here]

If you are interested then you can buy a copy on Amazon:- [Click here]

Back cover text

In the past fifteen years, the betting industry in the UK and Ireland has changed beyond recognition. While technology has made it easier than ever to place a bet, for most people making a profit from sports betting remains as tricky as ever. Yet there are a growing number of traders, some of which have no previous sports betting experience, making handsome profits from exchanges like Betfair and Betdaq. In Sports Trading on Betfair, trader Wayne Bailey explains the dynamics of odds movement, how prices move and why - and more importantly, describes in detail the systems and strategies he uses on a daily basis to profit from the betting exchanges. With a background in both financial trading and sports betting, Bailey explains how we can merge those two disciplines to understand the market and find ways to finally beat the books. Bailey focuses largely on horseracing but the principles and strategies described within this book can be applied to most sports. Topics include weight of movement, swing trading, scalping, betting in-running, financial spread-trading, Dutching, support and resistance, arbitrage, trading psychology and creating your own trading plan.

About the Author

Wayne Bailey was born in Dublin where he still lives with his wife and daughter. A librarian by profession, Wayne has always had a passion for betting and trading and has spent various periods throughout his life as a professional gambler. In 2007, Wayne began writing for the official Betfair UK blog and was appointed editor of Betfair’s Irish blog from 2008 to 2010. An accredited Betfair trainer, he also spent some time working with the Betfair Education Team at various seminars and sporting events throughout the UK and Ireland. In 2007, he graduated from University College Dublin with a degree in social science and information studies and four years later, he completed a diploma in financial trading from the Irish Institute of Financial Trading. More recently, he studied psychology and the behaviour of the human mind. Wayne is a regular contributor to various newspapers and websites in the UK and Ireland, and he currently pens the Betting Ring column which enjoys a large dedicated following every Saturday in Ireland’s largest selling newspaper The Irish Independent.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Re: Sports Trading Book

Postby Hill16 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi folks, hope no-one minds me posting a link here but my book got a very positive review in Sunday's Racing post:

http://waynebaileyracing.blogspot.ie/20 ... -book.html

Wayne
Hill16

Postby Drunkenight » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:40 am

Hi Wayne,

Excellent book! I am half way through and really enjoying it. A very revealing and honest trading book, with loads of strategies, best I have read. Especially like the section on 'exploiting the key prices' and 'support and resistance trading'. I am about to start the 'Spread trading' chapter. Thanks for producing such a good and informative trading book.
Drunkenight

Postby Hill16 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks a million for the kind words. I thought honesty was the way to go. Most trading books you read are all full of perfect examples where everything goes right so I wanted to balance that out a bit and show people what it's really like to be a trader, all the ups and downs included. Thanks again,

Wayne
Hill16

Postby Hill16 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:25 am

A quick update:

I'm happy to announce that the book has been bought by the Racing Post and is now published by Raceform for £12.99:

http://shop1.racingpost.com/Sports-Trad ... ortbet.htm
Hill16

Postby houchy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:00 pm

In 2007, Wayne began writing for the official Betfair UK blog and was appointed editor of Betfair’s Irish blog from 2008 to 2010. An accredited Betfair trainer, he also spent some time working with the Betfair Education Team at various seminars and sporting events throughout the UK and Ireland.

Did you encourage people to believe the full time pro dream was possible at the "Betfair education team seminars" during that time?
Given that even if your were talented enough to overcome the 20% PC charge,after 10yr @ £25k per annum profit (which is less than most people earn) you will pay 40/60%, it has been a dream for a long time sadly.

Good luck with your book,I see your getting good reviews,your probably a decant bloke aswell,just wanted to warn people about giving up there day job,I know quite a few that have left Betfair and gone back to work because of the PC.
houchy

Postby Hill16 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:56 am

[quote="houchy"]In 2007, Wayne began writing for the official Betfair UK blog and was appointed editor of Betfair’s Irish blog from 2008 to 2010. An accredited Betfair trainer, he also spent some time working with the Betfair Education Team at various seminars and sporting events throughout the UK and Ireland.

Did you encourage people to believe the full time pro dream was possible at the "Betfair education team seminars" during that time?
Given that even if your were talented enough to overcome the 20% PC charge,after 10yr @ £25k per annum profit (which is less than most people earn) you will pay 40/60%, it has been a dream for a long time sadly.

Good luck with your book,I see your getting good reviews,your probably a decant bloke aswell,just wanted to warn people about giving up there day job,I know quite a few that have left Betfair and gone back to work because of the PC.[/quote]

Hi Houchy,

No, we never encouraged anyone to give up their job or go full time - most people will lose money and I'm also clear about that in the book. The Betfair Education Team (now defunct) was set up by Scott Ferguson and it basically went around the UK and Ireland organising events to show people how to use the exchange and give out general hints and tips. The topic of trading was touched on but it was mostly basic enough stuff aimed at encouraging people to use the exchange more. Exchanges are part and parcel of our day to day betting now but in the mid 2000s, they were still quite confusing to most people, hence the education team. I think I had finished up with the education team by the time the PC came out (in 2008 I think).

Wayne
Hill16

Return to Announcements