API NG

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

API NG

Postby Owen123 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:36 am

Morning,
I'm a little out of touch these days, but does BA use the new API NG , Ie rather than request info via the API, is the info readily available as a result of the data being streamed from the Betfair API (push rather than pull)
I'd also be keen to know if anyone has noticed a difference their results (positive hopefully!)
Thanks
Owen
Owen123

Re: API NG

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:41 pm

The current version doesn't use the market streaming, hopefully now the AUS servers are being retired streaming will now be avilable on the AUS markets too so I'd imagine it'll be a lot easier to implement. I see some software providers already have beta versions with streaming.
Captain Sensible

Postby eyesnack » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Yep this software gruss is getting long in the tooth no updates for ages probably time to move to another supplier
as it years since any major updates .
eyesnack

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi,

Major updates can take a long time to come to fruition.

There have been minor updates with bug fixes for users that require it through unofficial updates.

There will be a major update which will include Betfair's new streaming options.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby eyesnack » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:14 pm

And when will this major update happen ? next week next year, next month
eyesnack

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi,

It's being worked on, I can't say definitively because Gary doesn't exactly know how long it's going to take him to get the code working how he wants.

The short answer is as soon as possible but he would hope to have it released before Aintree.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby macarony » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:51 am

Hello Mark are you and Gary on with other none betfair projects, if so what is your view on betfair in the long term?
macarony

Postby Daywalker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Mark,

How is the major update coming along?
Daywalker

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 am

Hi,

The coding is still be worked on.
It has to be right before we can release it.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby doris_day » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:44 am

I've always loved this software but it's a real shame it's been allowed to drift along the way it has.
It used to be a leader but now it's a laggard..
If **** can have a Beta version with streaming prices there seems absolutely no reason why BA shouldn't.
A few years ago things would have been different and that's a real shame....
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:47 am

We absolutely are going to release a streaming version. I wrote the streaming library from scratch (didn't use the libraries provided by Betfair) so that I could be satisfied it is good as it can be. This obviously took longer. The streaming model is also not a good fit for some critical portions of code (eg. tick offset and stop loss). I am not criticising the streaming API, I think it's great, but BA just wasn't designed with this in mind. It would be disastrous to release it even as Beta at this very moment because we will be inundated with complaints regarding strange behaviour. I hope to release a Beta in the next few weeks.

Also please don't try and suggest that other vendors aren't having issues with streaming. I just want as few issues as possible when we release it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby doris_day » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:06 am

That's great to hear Gary.
I know my post was harsh but, as I said, I love BA, and you would have to admit progress with the app has been slow in the last couple of years.
I've always said, and still maintain the position, that if you made it more comprehensive (and possibly more attractive) you could sell it for a higher price.
You've always refuted this but I know I'm right. And there are a huge amount of add-ons you could offer, even as bolt-on parts you could offer at additional cost.
It seems to me you're not making the most of your undoubted talents. Talk about elephants in the room....
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:07 am

I am going to try and put this right. It's frustrating how much code I am having to change to get streaming working, but it will be worth it. The next release will also definitely include the green up/red up Excel trigger I have been promising. We will then start working through suggestions again.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Zorro » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi Gary,

Let me ask you a question:
-with the new major release you're working on, that will include the new feature name "market streaming", will Bet Assistant's new version still continue to offer/include all the COM features/funcionalities that we're used to, i.e. will our personnal bots still continue to work as today?

Thank you,

Zorro
Zorro

Postby bolpx001 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi Gary, Will it still be possible to continue to use our current versions? - best regards Paul (PS I hate change)
bolpx001

Next

Return to Discussion