Multiple Bets Help

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Multiple Bets Help

Postby banthorpe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 am

Hiya All

I use excel to look at data and trigger a bet on just one selection if the crteria is met. I would like to be able to place more than one bet on the same selection say x seconds after the inital bet has been made as long as the criteria is still met and upto a maximium of say 5 bets. I have a seconds countdown timer in cell AA1. Is this possible and if so How please and as im abit thick in easy terms lol Many thanks Boys and Girls

Andrew
banthorpe

Re: Multiple Bets Help

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Alot depends if you're using VBA or just formulas obviously VBA is easier as you can count how many bets you've sent and clear after set times, but you should be able to do it with relatively simple excel formulas also.

You can use the CLEAR trigger to clear out any old bet references so your bets would be retriggered if the criteria was met, you'd just add an AND staement to it so it checks the current time with the previous bet time in column U. Limiting things to only 5 bets gets a little trickier but if you aren't sending ohter bets into the market manually you could simply log any bets to the MyBets sheet and use COUNTIF to find the bets you've placed and set the criteria to less than 5
Captain Sensible

Postby banthorpe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Thank Captain

I use the formula =IF(ISBLANK(A5),"",IF(AA1<=0,"CLOSEC",IF(AJ5=23,"BACK-TL15-F5-SL6-SL-SLC0",""))) To trigger my bets so where would I put the clear trigger within this formula and I dont place any other bets manually so can use the Mybets sheet although some of them will be offset bets in there which probably wont be matched but happy to fire another trigger in. Is it possible to say add up the matched stakes and say these amount to £250 then place another bet as long as the matched bets are less than say £500 Not sure how to do this so any help would be great. Thanks for your help so far Your a star Many thanks

Andrew
banthorpe

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:31 pm

It might end up being a very long and complicated formula so might be an idea for you to break it down into sections whilst you test it. I'd suggest you stick the triggers and bet count into other columns if they're free. Lets say you move your current trigger column from column Q to column AA and we'll access it in a simpler trigger for column Q, we'll also put our bet count into column AB for now. No need to worry about offsets as we'll only count BACK bets.

No point in me trying to work out formulas if that doesnt make sense for now
Captain Sensible

Postby banthorpe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:41 pm

yeah thats make sense although not sure how to do a bet count column
banthorpe

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Just noticed you're using columns AA in your formula so I'll set your current trigger column to BB for now, also was going to suggest it might be an idea to clear your refs when CANCELLED shows in the bet ref column as you're using fill and kill options, but I'm assuming you're happy for the trigger to refire even if earlier bets are matched as long as the criteria is met.

HEre's a trigger that should hopefully work, you need to remember to log your bets to the MyBets sheet as it will be counting bets, I've no idea how reliable the MyBets sheet is as you need to remember this will continue to fire if that fails. VBA is usually the best way to go when you're repeating things.

Anyways to log the number of bets placed, we'll stick this column at BB but choose whatever suits you and amend the formulas if needed.
So in cell BB5 we enter

=COUNTIFS(MyBets!$B$2:$B$100,SUBSTITUTE(A5,"'",""),MyBets!$F$2:$F$100,"=B")

and copy it down the cells, what that does is check the name of the horse in A5 against the mybets sheet and count any instances where the horse is named and the bet is a back bet. The substitute part is for some reason BA adds an apostrophe on the name on the main sheet but not the mybets sheet. If that works OK we can the set the main trigger
Captain Sensible

Postby banthorpe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks so much will try that and let you know how I get on
banthorpe

Postby banthorpe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Done that and seems to count them up perfectly
banthorpe

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:05 pm

That's good then,, next you can copy your current triggers into column BA rather than column Q so we'll access them via the new trigger we'll stick in column Q. Doing it like this also allows you to trial things out before going liveso you can stick dummy data in bet ref and bet time columns to see if they clear as expected.

For the new trigger we'll check 3 criteria but add more if you need to , first we check that less than 5 bets have been placed by referencing column BB

BB5<5,

next check that a bet has been placed, no point clearing thins if nothings been placed, do that by checking if the Bet time column has an entry

U5<>"",

final part is checking the time delay, I'll set it to 5 seconds but change to whatever suits you. It looks slightly complicated but is simply checking the time the bet was placed in U5 against the current time and seeing if more than 5 seconds has passed

NOW()-U5-TODAY()>TIMEVALUE("00:00:05")

Sticking them all together gives us AND(BB5<5,U5<>"",NOW()-U5-TODAY()>TIMEVALUE("00:00:05"))

So now we'll simply use an IF statement to say if all those criteria are me display CLEAR otherwise display your current trigger in column BA

So in Q5 enter the following and copy it down your cells.

=IF(AND(BB5<5,U5<>"",NOW()-U5-TODAY()>=TIMEVALUE("00:00:05")),"CLEAR",BA5)

I've no idea how your bot works so make sure you check things first before allowing it to go live as I've no way of knowing if it will actually work how you want it to. Also amend the ranges in the bet counter column if you think more than a hundred bets can be placed as it only checks to $B$100 at the moment err on the side of caution and maybe amend that to the following especially if you're placing 5 bets on each selection with offsets etc

=COUNTIFS(MyBets!$B$2:$B$1000,SUBSTITUTE(A5,"'",""),MyBets!$F$2:$F$1000,"=B")
Captain Sensible

Postby banthorpe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Only placing bets on the first horse so wont ever be more than 5 backs and 5 offsets But that works like a dream your a star And really do appreciate your help
banthorpe

Postby banthorpe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Hiya Captain

Thanks for all your help and do appreciate it. Just one more thing then I will leave you in peace. Everything works perfectly. Just one thing if the bet ref cell is cleared but the crteria is not met so another bet is not fired I think I read somewhere that the bet ref cell needs to have something in it so it will green up at 0 seconds is there some way to do that Thanks again

Andrew
banthorpe

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:23 pm

That's one of the problems with using formulas as opposed to VBA, with VBA you have full control and can fill in or delete all bet details in one pass but with formulas you're sort of stuck as you can't place bet's whilst the bet reference is filled and can't be sure your criteria is still met on the next refresh after clearing the bet ref.

It really depends on what your criteria for betting is as to how you approach it, if you think your criteria to place a bet would last over a couple of refreshes then you'd simply put the clear routine within your criteria trigger so it'd only clear after 5 seconds and once the criteria is met rather than simply clearing after 5 seconds. Your other options are either converting to VBA or doing a dirty fix like sending data to the bet ref column using VBA regardless of whether it has data or not at 0 seconds.
Captain Sensible

Postby banthorpe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:45 am

Dont realy know how to use VBA or would be more than happy to use that. Dont have a problem in sending something to Bet reference cell at say 3 seconds out I do have a countdown timer in cell AA1 I think what it sends can be anything as long as something is in that cell at 0 seconds when it greens up Many thanks again

Andrew
banthorpe

Postby banthorpe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 am

Maybe better trying to change my whole sheet to VBA. Would it run quicker using VBA Not that I know even what VBA is so maybe a morning watching VBA youtube videos
banthorpe

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:50 am

banthorpe wrote:Maybe better trying to change my whole sheet to VBA. Would it run quicker using VBA Not that I know even what VBA is so maybe a morning watching VBA youtube videos

Hi,

There is a link to some free VBA tutorials that may help.
See http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9741

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discussion