Multiple Bets Help

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Multiple Bets Help

Postby banthorpe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks Mark
banthorpe

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 pm

banthorpe wrote:Dont realy know how to use VBA or would be more than happy to use that. Dont have a problem in sending something to Bet reference cell at say 3 seconds out I do have a countdown timer in cell AA1 I think what it sends can be anything as long as something is in that cell at 0 seconds when it greens up Many thanks again

Andrew

I think you're probably best off incorporating the CLEAR into whatever formulas you have going on in AJ5 as that's deciding if to bet or not. The clearing of cells so it's ready to fire again should probably be in that criteria. There's little point clearing the cells if you're not going to bet and want the bet ref column to be populated at the off time.I've no idea if you're happy sending 5 bets into the market when they may all end up being unmatched or offsets unmatched etc. Gruss gives you options with the offset bets like sending a indicator to the spreadsheet to see if the offset is matched before firing again and your fill kill trigger will also show any cancelled bet refs
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:52 pm

I think you do need to look at why and when you're placing clear as it's ot generally good practice to continue to fire bets into a market if the market is veering away from where you expect and leaving unmatched bets around. But here's some simple VBA which will place something in the cell T5 for you 3 seconds or less to the scheduled off time

Code: Select all
Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Columns.Count <> 16 Then Exit Sub 'If columns changed <> 16 then exit sub
Application.EnableEvents = False 'turns off events so we don't retrigger the code
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual 'turns off all calculations

If (Range("D2").Value <= TimeValue("00:00:03") Or Application.IsText(Range("D2").Value)) And Range("T5").Value = "" Then
    Range("T5").Value = "SOMETHING"
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True ' events back on
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic ' calculations back on
End Sub
Captain Sensible

Postby banthorpe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Thanks I will try that. It is unlikely that bets will be unmatched as they only fire if AJ5 hits my criteria and they are back bets that go in at the 2nd best lay price so will most likely be matched and will only leave the tickoffsets unmatched if it doesnt hit my 15 tick offset. So say its only at 6 ticks green on 0 seconds then the green up will cancel the unmatched offset bets and green me up Its just to cover my back if i had cleared the bet ref but not got another bet matched which s unlikely but it will leave be with no green up and will leave the back bets as straight bets. I am guessing watching a few vba vdeos that i just put that code in a macro and run the macro thanks again
banthorpe

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:03 pm

The VBA will just run automatically on each refresh you don't need to call it up as a macro, have a look at this thread here where I tried to talk someone thru adding VBA to a spreadsheet

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9800#p50270

Any problems just get back to me, but it's really just a case of enabling your developer tab then posting all the code snippet under Sheet1 (or whichever sheet you connect gruss to) then save the sheet as a xlsm file as that accepts macros xls files won't.

It's set to add to the bet ref cell at 3 seconds or under as you requested so it would be an idea to set your current betting routine not to bet during that time
Captain Sensible

Postby banthorpe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks Captain All works as I wanted it to do Thanks again for all your help and advice

Andrew
banthorpe

Previous

Return to Discussion