Excel/GreenUp_Auto spreadsheet?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel/GreenUp_Auto spreadsheet?

Postby Rinconpaul » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:18 am

Trying to comprehend this sample spreadsheet provided on this site.
I'm trying to add some functions that generate bets on it. I've placed a trigger function in col Q (Back or lay). An odds function in col R and normally a stake function in col S. However, the spreadsheet has col S populated with the function "=IF($T$2="Y",Z(?row ref)" This function takes a signal from when cell T2 says "Y" and populates with col Z values, which are Average last price matched. Odds not stake values?? That's confusion #1.
Confusion #2 is that while col S is doing it's independent thing, where do I put my run of the mill stake function to trigger a bet??
Should the above function be added on to my own, for example, "=IF($T$2<>"Y",5,Z(?row ref)...'5' meaning a $5 stake, to keep things simple?
Thanks
Rinconpaul

Re: Excel/GreenUp_Auto spreadsheet?

Postby Rinconpaul » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:33 pm

I know I'm talking to myself as this'll be the 4th post on this forum without a reply! They don't mind taking your sub$ off you every month but HELP is non existent it seems? Not quite, but on this page Nil replies are 20%. That'd be a lot of frustrated customers?

Confusion#1 is solved, in that I had mislabelled col Z, so it was Stake.
Confusion#2: I think I'm on the right track with my suggested fix for col S, but I would have to do something similar in cols Q & R. That is to start with '=IF ($T$2="Y",$Y5 or$Z5, "if not then regular Odds statement or Trigger statement")'?
Am I on the right track?
Rinconpaul

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi,

We try to help as much as we can, sometimes we miss posts but it's certainly not intentional.

Have you looked at the new Beta version which now has a Green Up trigger?

It might be easier to work with than the old Green Up sheet.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Rinconpaul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:06 am

RE: .."Sometimes we miss posts.." let me help you navigate your way around your own site, there's text "View unanswered posts" in the top left hand corner of this page. Press it and you'll see a thousand unanswered posts!

Mark, your reply was the epitome of why this site is so unhelpful! How do I know what version I've got? Click 'About' on the app and that tells you nothing! I'm assuming I get auto updates? Do I or don't I? How do I download this beta version? Being beta, I'm assuming it's not released for general use? Even if I got it where are the user manual updates? What cell is the auto greenup cell in this new excel sheet? (I'm assuming this beta version is a new sheet or is it just a revised app?) Who knows, I'm like a blind man, feeling my way around in the dark here, but maybe if I was a mind reader it'd help? What's the point of having sample spreadsheets if there outdated? All that does is make people like me more frustrated and wanting to vent! The version history in the user Guide I get, when I click the link on the app home page is up to version 1.3.0.23, yet the home page says that we're up to 37a. WTF!!
Rinconpaul

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:32 am

Hi,

I'm sorry you feel frustrated, I am aware that things could be better.
The current official version of the software is version 1.3.0.37a
The version you are using should be displayed in the Title Bar of the software.
The software should auto update when we push the updates through.
We don't push through auto updates of Beta versions.

I did make an assumption that you had maybe seen the following post:-
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9763
This is where you can download and try the new Beta version which is currently at version 1.3.0.38i
This version includes 2 new triggers for greening up which are CLOSE and CLOSEC
Please see the above mentioned post for details.
Please feel free to email admin@gruss-software.co.uk for extra support.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Rinconpaul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 am

OK Mark, I was on version .27 and now have 38i.

Now I still want to auto greenup multiple positions at a set time. What if anything really changes from the spreadsheet that you offered in 'Sample Triggered' and now?
Also I'm still missing a response from you as to was I on the right track of incorporating my own triggers for Bet?~Odds~Stake with the formula =IF($T$2="Y",Z?,my code). It seems logical, a simple Yes/No will do. The code you offered is great and should be able to be incorporated?

If there are added command triggers, are there any new active cells from the sheet that originally came with my Gruss download in 2016? If so, how do I get a revised Sheet?
Thanks
Rinconpaul

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi,

Ok, so Gary posted up an example spreadsheet of how to Auto Green Up which uses the COM feature, some VBA code and also requires you to use the My Bets sheet option.
This spreadsheet was created before we had the Green Up trigger.
You could still use that spreadsheet but the Green Up trigger simplifies things.
You don't need to use COM and the VBA nor do you need to use the My Bets option with the new trigger.

So if you wanted it to Green Up at a set time, for example say 30 seconds before the off then all you need is the formula that is in T1 that calculates the seconds until the off and an IF statement in the trigger column.
The Bet Ref column T needs to be populated with something for the trigger to work.
The IF statement would be as follows:- =IF($T$1<=30,"CLOSEC","")
This would cancel any unmatched bets for the selection and green up that selection.
If you have bets on multiple selections then you need to use CLOSEC for each selection.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Rinconpaul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Thankyou. Now we seem to be getting somewhere! I've come out of the dark cave and into the sunshine! :shock: :o :D
Rinconpaul

Postby Rinconpaul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Trying to make use of new trigger "CLOSEC" without any code for Auto Greenup on multiple bets for each runner in a race. I understand that each runners greenup is treated in isolation of anything else going on? In Trigger column I need to do 3 things:
1/ Check if row has a runner IF(ISBLANK(A5),"",,...
2/ Check if bet has been previously placed on this runner, and if so wait 5 seconds.. IF (U5<>"",NOW()-U5-TODAY()>=TIMEVALUE("00:00:05")),CLEAR,..
3/ If no previous bet placed, OR if there was and 5 seconds has elapsed since last bet, I populate cell with Bet trigger if available..IF($AN5="BACK","BACK-F5",IF($AO5="LAY","LAY-F5",...
4/ After all that and it's 5 seconds to Start, then Greenup/Redup..IF(D2<=TIMEVALUE("00:00:05"),"CLOSEC","")))

That's a mighty long function:
IF(ISBLANK(A5),"",IF (U5<>"",NOW()-U5-TODAY()>=TIMEVALUE("00:00:05")),CLEAR,IF($AN5="BACK","BACK-F5",IF($AO5="LAY","LAY-F5",IF(D2<=TIMEVALUE("00:00:05"),"CLOSEC","")))

Any suggestions here? Also I would contemplate having a number of Back bets at different prices and a number of Lay bets at different prices (not in proportion bet number wise) for each Runner. Will "CLOSEC" still workout the suitable stake, odds and whether to Back or Lay in this situation?
Rinconpaul

Postby Rinconpaul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm

Just thinking about this and reading Mark's comment "..the bet ref col "T" must be populated with text for CLOSEC to work"..

My function is always clearing that column so new bets can be added, which will prevent CLOSEC working? Maybe I need some code like:

Code: Select all
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Columns.Count <> 16 Then Exit Sub 'If columns changed <> 16 then exit sub
Application.EnableEvents = False 'turns off events so we don't retrigger the code
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual 'turns off all calculations

If (Range("D2").Value <= TimeValue("00:00:03") Or Application.IsText(Range("D2").Value)) And Range("T5").Value = "" Then
    Range("T5").Value = "SOMETHING"
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True ' events back on
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic ' calculations back on
End Sub

:?:
Rinconpaul

Return to Discussion