Back Dutching to Fixed Liability

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Back Dutching to Fixed Liability

Postby Fixador » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi All,
Messing around with a Dutching strategy close to the OFF. Got a strange result - my spreadsheet says profit , Betfair balance a slaughter ! Staking for the race £2

For the Ripon 1415 race, selections, stake, odds taken, Outcome, GROSS profit

Revived 1.1 2.35 W 1.48
Tonkolili 0.29 8.53 L -0.29
Dangerous Lady 0.37 6.88 L -0.37
Kaba Stone 0.16 15 L -0.16
Deviate 0.1 23.89 L -0.1

For a pure Fixed Liability strategy - the stakes and odds don't match presumably as the odds are flickering around within seconds BTO

Overall GROSS profit = £0.56p, so at 5% comm NET = £0.53p

Except BF dropped my balance by about £5 !!!!
Fixador

Re: Back Dutching to Fixed Liability

Postby Fixador » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:48 pm

Gruss V1.3.0.37a

Looking at my account in BF - I bet £2 on each selection ! Is the device to go under the £2 limit not working currently ?

In BA market Table : Stake values show up as in Excel sheet.
The Profit column however shows - that if 5 selections Backed - then if A N Other wins my profit is -£10
Attached is screenshot from my Excel sheet, and extract from BF download of my bets:-
Ripon 1415.png
Ripon 1415.png (4.44 KiB) Viewed 20215 times

BF record for Ripon 1415.png
BF record for Ripon 1415.png (8.17 KiB) Viewed 20215 times
Fixador

Postby Dai_Young » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:03 pm

The minimum stake for Betfair SP is £2 I believe
Dai_Young

Postby Fixador » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:04 pm

COMPLETE IDIOT HERE ! just found in my vba code the problem ...

The REAL problem is the guy on this side of screen !

Nashing of teeth, and wailing of tears, shortly followed by pulling of hair , followed by making the dent in the wall with my forehead a little deeper.

plonker here !
Fixador

Postby Fixador » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi Dai, yes on website, no via gruss. I think works like this : If want to bet 50p, then Gruss adds £2 to put a £2.50 bet on, then cancels £2.

I maybe taken out, hung drawn and quartered for saying this. Which on reflection is probably a justified conclusion to my coding error today.

Hope you are having a better one.
Fixador

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Gruss can place bets under the £2 limit and they can be matched against normal bets of the exchange but they won't go into the BSP reconciliatin process if they're under the £2 back bet limit or £10 liability for lay bets.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:12 pm

What is the minimum stake for an SP bet?

The minimum stake for a back bet at SP is £2 (or the local currency equivalent). The minimum liability if laying is £10 (or the local currency equivalent).

https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/FAQs_theBasics.html
Captain Sensible

Postby Fixador » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Thank you Captain C, I never realized this until now.

That's a another bug found.

I suspect its time I stopped messing around - and stuck to one methodology for betting, and find another hobby to STOP me writing lousy vba.
Fixador

Return to Discussion