API NG

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: API NG

Postby KESIMKESIM » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:11 pm

I tried to replicate the problem again on Friday evening but couldn't, however with Saturdays racing I had 6 tabs open and with 33 mins to the off on the 13.50 Goodwood the problem re-occurred, at this stage BA was showing about £5k behind the matched volume the BF site was showing.

Because I had open positions, I quickly uninstalled v38i and reinstalled v37a and the problem didn't re-occur.

So, I can't pretend to understand whats going on, but it seems related to the volumes on BF as obviously it kicked in when the exchange was getting busier. I'll just stick to v37a for now.

Best Regards,

Ian
KESIMKESIM

Postby MarkRussell » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi,

There is throttling still in the software which could kick in if you have multiple markets open, if you have it enabled and depending on the value you have set.

It is a legacy feature now since Betfair no longer apply the Data Request charge.

Go into Preferences under Throttling and untick "Throttle requests".

It is perfectly safe to have this unticked now as there is no longer a Data Request charge.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby KESIMKESIM » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Throttling was unticked, so it wasn't this that was causing the problem.

I'll try and get another look at this sometime this week, but not sure when. Maybe next weekend, when the exchange is busy again.
KESIMKESIM

Postby KESIMKESIM » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:12 am

I've had another look and this is what appears to happen using API-NG. I use the COM function ba.getalltradedvolume(false) in my spreadsheets, which on occasions just 'hangs'. By this I mean it doesn't get a response from the api for a considerable time - maybe a couple of minutes, occassionally near the off on a Saturday it may be longer. When it does this then the other BA data, odds/money/matched amount all becomes delayed, buffered, throttled call it want you will.

Now when using ba version 37a then the API although it does 'hang', it doesn't appear to do this as often, nor for as long. It also doesn't appear to delay the odds/money/matched amount at all.

It is worth pointing out that the COM call may hang on the race on say Tab1, but will delay the data on all of the other tabs. Obviously the most noticeable effect is on any races near to setting off, where it creates the biggest problem and is most evident.

I haven't done exhaustive tests, but this is what appears to happen. I'm no expert in these matters so you'll have to let me know if I'm doing something wrong, using COM, or whether it's just the way the BF API operates and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Many thanks and best regards,

Ian
KESIMKESIM

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:12 pm

KESIMKESIM wrote:I've had another look and this is what appears to happen using API-NG. I use the COM function ba.getalltradedvolume(false) in my spreadsheets, which on occasions just 'hangs'. By this I mean it doesn't get a response from the api for a considerable time - maybe a couple of minutes, occassionally near the off on a Saturday it may be longer. When it does this then the other BA data, odds/money/matched amount all becomes delayed, buffered, throttled call it want you will.

Now when using ba version 37a then the API although it does 'hang', it doesn't appear to do this as often, nor for as long. It also doesn't appear to delay the odds/money/matched amount at all.

It is worth pointing out that the COM call may hang on the race on say Tab1, but will delay the data on all of the other tabs. Obviously the most noticeable effect is on any races near to setting off, where it creates the biggest problem and is most evident.

I haven't done exhaustive tests, but this is what appears to happen. I'm no expert in these matters so you'll have to let me know if I'm doing something wrong, using COM, or whether it's just the way the BF API operates and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Many thanks and best regards,

Ian

Hi,

As far as I know it should be the same at least in the new version certainly not worse.
We will need to investigate.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Would it be possible for the current streaming status to be sent to a cell in excel? I switch it off on entering a market but for some reason it doesn't always take, if the status was available in excel I could check it was on or off and take action as neccessary.
Captain Sensible

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 am

Captain Sensible wrote:Would it be possible for the current streaming status to be sent to a cell in excel? I switch it off on entering a market but for some reason it doesn't always take, if the status was available in excel I could check it was on or off and take action as neccessary.

I have already asked Gary to add this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby mike » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi,

Before Full Dtreaming I had a cell for every market which calculated the timedifference between the current and the previous refresh. In case it was long, I stopped betting on that market, since there was a refresh rate problem with that market.

With Full Streaming there is no refresh if there is no change in odd or volume on that market (If I am right).

Does anyone know how to distinct between a market that has no activity for a while and a market that has a refreshrateproblem (due to internetcongestion)?

Thanks!
mike

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 am

Hi,

Gary is looking at adding a heart beat indicator to show that the stream is still working.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby mike » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Mark, that's great! Thanks
mike

Postby mike » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi Mark,

Since BA version 38, when my internet is down, Windows gives the message: " Betting Assistant has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program. "

Is this an intended safety method from your side, as long as the heartbeat-indicator is not there or is this a bug? In previous versions BA was not stopping after an internet-issue.

If it is intended as safety meassure, I would prefer to turn it off since I have to re-do my complete setup. Until the heartbeat is there, I currently just don't bet into a market if it is not updated for a certain time (even due to internet or due to a lack of activity in that market).

Thanks.
mike

Postby KESIMKESIM » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi Gary/Mark,

further to the problem I reported about a month ago, where API-NG 'hangs' on COM requests and also the fact that BA data is being delayed very badly, I just like to point out that this problem still exists on v 38q which I have tried over the last couple of days. In fact on the 15:25 today, BA was still showing the race as not started yet, but in real-time in BF the race had finished and been settled - thats how bad it is. The same problem occurred on the 15:35 as well, at which point I gave up.

The offending diagnostic log print out that occurs over and over again is :-

Server stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Betting_Assistant.RemoteLib.invokePricesUpdated(Int32 tabIndex) in C:\Betting Assistant\Betfair Trading API Beta\RemoteLib.vb:line 596
21092017 10:07:39:411: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.129:8007

Could you please explain what the last couple of lines mean as it appears to refer to tab index and vb:line 596, and alo the target machine refused the connection.

At the moment the API-NG remains completely unusable for me - in fact it cost me £20 today just to try it out !
KESIMKESIM

Postby phrenetic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:18 pm

You might want to check with Betfair that the use of BA hasn't been restricted on your account. This is something that is controlled directly by Betfair and not by the application vendor.

If your account is restricted then the data returned from the API can delayed by up to 3 minutes (i.e. you could see data that is up to 3 minutes out of date). The maximum delay time was increased by Betfair a couple of months ago.

You can see a similar effect if you go to the Betfair website and don't log in. The data displayed may also be delayed in those circumstances.
phrenetic

Postby bolpx001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:01 pm

I take it we are talking about exchange accounts, just out of curiosity why would Betfair restrict accounts in this way - best regards paul
bolpx001

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:15 pm

bolpx001 wrote:I take it we are talking about exchange accounts, just out of curiosity why would Betfair restrict accounts in this way - best regards paul

Betfair constantly monitor your activity whilst connected to the API server.
One such reason that I am aware of for restricting your access is If they deem your activity to fit the profile of a commercial user, for example if you were viewing lots of markets for long periods of time without placing any bets then they might think that you are collecting price data for those markets for commercial use.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion