Retrieving spreadsheets after closing them before closing BA

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Retrieving spreadsheets after closing them before closing BA

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:35 am

There has long been an issue with Betting Assistant in that if you close active spreadsheet(s) before you close BA it can lock the sheet(s) in such a way that the information in the sheet including all collected results are not accessible. And Excel will not retrieve it properly or so it appears.

There is a solution to recover your sheets intact. Open the Sheet in Excel and it will open to a blank sheet. So 3 blank tabs just like a new sheet.

Do ----> View ------> Unhide

And it will retrieve the sheet information intact.

By the way if Gary or Mark have a nicer or easier fix than this then it would be really appreciated.

HH
Happy Harry

Re: Retrieving spreadsheets after closing them before closin

Postby StuT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:45 pm

What about if you Untick Log current prices on the BA market tab before closing Excel.
Won't that unlink the spreadsheet to BA so you can save it away without an issue.
StuT

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Yep you are right. If you unlink them one by one or close BA then there is no issue. But I have up to 20 sheets running and sometimes, occasionally, I forget to close BA first which is when they get locked. And stepping across 20 tabs unconnecting each sheet 1 by 1 is a PITA.

My way of doing it is to simply close BA and then close the sheets BUT if I forget then the sheets all get locked.
Happy Harry

Postby osknows » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:00 pm

You could add this event to the ThisWorkbook class so that the workbook is saved before closing

Code: Select all
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
    ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

I haven't tested it with BA though.
osknows

Return to Discussion