Altered start times

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Altered start times

Postby Daywalker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 am

Hi,

Not sure if this should be in Suggestions or Bugs or here.

The problem I've noticed is with Aus horses start times being changed. Unlike US horses, it appears that when Aus races fall behind, they are updated by Betfair. This is good. However, when this happens after I've updated the QPL at 2am, I get the problem I saw this morning. The page was on the 7.26(?) Morp race but at about 7.45 was still showing 19mins to off. When I refreshed the QPL the race had been moved to some past 8. I noticed I missed a Ipsw race with around 100k matched, which is the sort of race that I'm very active on.

Is there anyway of sending a flag so we know when to refresh QPL after alterations? Or maybe Gruss could auto update alterations? I don't really want to repeatedly refresh unnecessarily.

T
Daywalker

Re: Altered start times

Postby Happy Harry » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:07 am

Daywalker.

There are other threads on this. And Gruss have been told and also given some ideas for a solution.

Without doubt this particular issue remains the biggest Piss Off with Betting Assistant by a Country Mile. It is even more compounded because if you are running multiple instances of Gruss with Profiles. EVEN if you trigger a -3.33 the second profile will not update the quick pick list for the second profile.

Happy Harry.

well not Happy Harry on this topic.
Happy Harry

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:27 am

This may be a good time to utilise the streaming API for market updates. I will look into it ASAP.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Daywalker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:33 am

Hi HH,

I know it's not new and have seen it many times, just a little irritated this morning seeing the missed opportunities, 100k Aus race particularly.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for acknowledging and looking for a solution.

T
Daywalker

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello Gary

once again this bit me badly this afternoon and cost me dearly because the races were delayed so the markets were wrong so bets that should not have been placed were placed.

One of the things I do is that I am an emergency services volunteer. So this afternoon there was a lot happening and I could not be at the computer [trying] to keep the markets updated. There still seems to be the issue of the second profile not updating race times anyway.

Surely after all these years. And threads on the issue there can be a solution to the markets changing during the afternoon when that information is in the API. Surely? Please. It is costing your customers.

Thanks

Robert
Happy Harry

Postby Happy Harry » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:26 am

Hello again

same issue again today. I am not sure that anyone else selling bots is doing any better but this issue once again cost me an incorrectly placed bet so any news on the topic Gary and Mark?

Thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Postby alrodopial » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:59 am

where can you look for any such info?
announcements for any starting delay?
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:58 am

alrodopial wrote:where can you look for any such info?
announcements for any starting delay?

I am not aware of anywhere with a running list of announcements of the altered times. But when the Race Times are loaded by Betfair that list is then uploaded by BA. And if later in the day the races are rescheduled then the Bet Fair Market Operations Team will amend the Race Times in the BetFair API - which BA knows about because if you look at BA running you will see BA Step onto a Race which should start in 1 minute, as an example, but the CountDown Clock in BA will show 35 mins as an example which indicates that the Race Times have been amended.

What needs to happen is that BA as it goes to load a race checks that the time has not been amended. If the time has been amended then the race needs to be reordered in the list with the correct new time and that race does not get loaded at that point in time but comes up later in the day in the correct order at the updated time. To be fair to Gary and Mark it all sounds really simple but probably is not as simple as it sounds.

HH
Happy Harry

Postby Daywalker » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:49 am

Hi Harry,

I too noted this yesterday on the Australian horses. Dropped in around 730am UK time and found the countdown at 23 minutes but the qpl time already passed.

I'd coded a previous bot to reload qpl if time to off was over a certain period eg 15 mins. I think this is the way forward in the short term.

D
Daywalker

Postby alrodopial » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 am

So,
reload qpl once, just before the off of the first race of the day or at the start of every race when picked in qpl
I assume any changes are known/made by ie 12.00

You can not use the starting time that exists in race title (cell A1) but instead you can use the minutes before off in D2 - excel to extract the up to day starting time.
It can be done, I like it
Thanks
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:57 am

I had my programs set to reload the QPL with any race discrepancies but it never changes the QPL order for some reason, even though my own bots do retreive the new QPL. Nowadays I just delete races with discrepancies it's not worth the hassle or risk for a few races out of the probably 10,000 AUS races each month.
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:I had my programs set to reload the QPL with any race discrepancies but it never changes the QPL order for some reason, even though my own bots do retreive the new QPL. Nowadays I just delete races with discrepancies it's not worth the hassle or risk for a few races out of the probably 10,000 AUS races each month.

a race is scheduled for ie 14:40, it 's starting time is been delayed officially for 10 mins
so if you reload the qpl at ie 14:00 what time will the race be loaded in ba?
lets say it set at 1min before the off, what time will be loaded? at 14:39 or 14:59 ?

how do you get the "new QPL"?
using the ie tree3.startTime ( will this startTime be the new/correct one?)
- code somewhere here -
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:40 pm

alrodopial wrote:
Captain Sensible wrote:I had my programs set to reload the QPL with any race discrepancies but it never changes the QPL order for some reason, even though my own bots do retreive the new QPL. Nowadays I just delete races with discrepancies it's not worth the hassle or risk for a few races out of the probably 10,000 AUS races each month.

a race is scheduled for ie 14:40, it 's starting time is been delayed officially for 10 mins
so if you reload the qpl at ie 14:00 what time will the race be loaded in ba?
lets say it set at 1min before the off, what time will be loaded? at 14:39 or 14:59 ?

Been a while since I amended my code but I found that the QPL was showing the wrong starting time, I'm not sure what time BA would load the new market even with it showing the wrong time in the QPL, it did show the correct time to the off in D2. My bots are coded to move themselves thru the QPL just using -1 rather than have BA doing it at a set time. So because of that it would mean they were delaying me moving thru the QPL and missing races. I tried a few things but the QPL would still show the wrong times so it was just easier to delete them rather than try to navigate back to them at the correct time using Q2 triggers.

I've no idea if BA was caching info with the QPL as I'm sure when I was looking at the issue both the API and website were showing the new and amended start times.

alrodopial wrote:how do you get the "new QPL"?
using the ie tree3.startTime ( will this startTime be the new/correct one?)
- code somewhere here -

I simply used -3 and -5 in Q2 to refresh markets when I got a discrepancy but because the QPL and A1 still showed wrong data I eventually resorted to just deleting those markets as it wasn't worth the hassle to me.

Not sure what tree3.startTime means.
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:30 pm

So question for Garry/Mark

in qpl in first tab in ba there is the race:
Ling 3rd Apr - 17:00 2m Hcap
(qpl was loaded/created at 07.00 in the morning)

at some point in the morning the race is scheduled to start 10 mins later
and in ba the qpl is reloaded at 15.00

1. will the title of the race in the qpl be changed into "Ling 3rd Apr - 17:10 2m Hcap" ?
2. ba is set to open markets in qpl at ie 1min before off , when will the market be opened? at 17:09 or at 16:59
3. what cell D2 will show? time till 17:10 ?
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am

Bumping this one again.

Gary and Mark. This particular problem just cost me money again today simply because the markets are so ill formed here in Australia that when races are put back as Sunshine Coast has been today so what appears to be the favorite in a delayed race can be anything but. That is a bit different than the UK where the markets are much better formed early in the day and where there is quite a bit of liquidity even several hours before a race.

Can you guys please sort this out sometime soon. You have said that it was going to be done but it does not seem to be in your to do list.

Thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Return to Discussion