Possible values in the Bet Ref cells (Excel)

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Possible values in the Bet Ref cells (Excel)

Postby Frinck » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi,

Sometimes, my worksheets place bets that don't get through to Betfair for various (valid) reasons. So instead of a typical bet ref, I'll get something like 'EVENT_SUSPENDED' when, for example, a non-runner is relected in the market.

Today I got a new entry in this cell 'EVENT_CLOSED' which has prompted this post. What I'd like to know is what all the possibilities are so my sheet can handle each scenario appropriately.

Here's a list of all the possibilities I'm aware of:

1) Normal Bet Ref
2) EVENT_SUSPENDED
3) PENDING - if refresh occurs before the bet has registered at Betfair
4) EVENT_CLOSED

The last one, EVENT_CLOSED I got on the 1940 at Newton Abbot tonight. I wasn't watching at the time, so I don't really understand what happened. The race was run ok, so can anyone explain what it actually means please?

If there are any other possibilities, please add them to this thread.

Cheers,
Frinck.
Frinck

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 am

PENDING: This is not an error message, the cell is populated with PENDING as soon as a trigger is fired to prevent multiple bets being fired by the same trigger while BA is waiting for a bet ref to be returned by the API.

API_ERROR, INTERNAL_ERROR, UNKNOWN_ERROR: General API error, unlikely but possible. It would probably mean there was a problem with the API and not Betting Assistant. It could also mean the request was not formed properly which would be a problem with BA that needs looking at.

INVALID_PERSISTENCE: You have used the -SP or -IP trigger modifier, but the market will not be turning in play.

BETWEEN_1_AND_60_BETS_REQUIRED: Number of BetPlacement less than 1 or greater than 60. Typically you will see this if you populate the trigger column but leave the odds column blank or the odds column contains text instead of a numeric value.

DIFFERING_MARKETS: All bets not all for the same market. Should not be possible with BA, but one user has reported this message. I am awaiting further details from them.

EVENT_CLOSED: The market has closed. If you weren't expecting this the event may have been abandoned. If the event wasn't abandoned then your trigger fired after Betfair had closed and settled the event.

EVENT_INACTIVE: Market is not active

EVENT_SUSPENDED: Market is suspended. If you are monitoring for the market going in play and aiming to place the bet as soon as this is detected it is possible you will get this error as there is an outstanding issue with the API where the market can be reported as in play and not suspended, but is suspended again on a subsequent refresh. You should place your bet again.

VACANT_TRAP: The selected trap is vacant

BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE: The exchange encountered a critical error and was not able to match your bet. Your bet was not placed.

ACCOUNT_CLOSED: Account is closed - please contact the Betfair Helpdesk

ACCOUNT_EXCLUDED: The account has been locked due to self-exclusion

ACCOUNT_LOCKED: Account is locked - please contact the Betfair Helpdesk

ACCOUNT_SUSPENDED: Account has been suspended. One reason you might receive this message is that you have attempted to place a bet on the Australian exchange server but your Australian wallet is suspended because Betfair have not yet received confirmation of your name and address.

AUTHORISATION_PENDING: Account is pending authorisation. If the PlaceBetsResultEnum is also CANNOT_ACCEPT_BET, this means that the market is operating under the Tasmanian Gaming Commission rules and the account holder’s identity has not yet been verified.

SITE_UPGRADE: Site is currently being upgraded

EXPOSURE_CALCULATION_IN_PROGRESS: The bet was not placed because the system is calculating your exposure. This error is most likely to occur when the account is close to the exposure limit and you are placing multiple bets in a short space of time.

EXPOSURE_OR_AVAILABLE_BALANCE_EXCEEDED: Account Exceeded Exposure Limit or Available to Bet Balance

INSUFFICIENT_BALANCE: Insufficient available money in the account

SELECTION_REMOVED: The runner has been removed from the event

LOSS_LIMIT_EXCEEDED: The potential loss for the bet exceeds the loss limit for the account (as set in your profile on the website)
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:06 am

Good Grief! Gary, could there be a section where reference material such as this, and the results log possible entries, etc. could be held as stickies, please?
Roger

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:11 am

It should really be in the help file. I will add it. I do update the help file from time to time though it may not look like it :)
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 am

Yes, even better, thanks.
Roger

Postby Frinck » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 pm

That's a fair list! Thanks for posting this up Gary.

I went back and checked the bet I had yesterday which returned 'EVENT_CLOSED' and my logs suggest the time of the trigger was 19:38, ie 2 mins before the off. My Betfair account confirms the bet was placed at this time too, so god knows what happened there.
Frinck

Return to Discussion