Excel - Log Multiple Sheets Quicklink

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel - Log Multiple Sheets Quicklink

Postby methodman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:34 pm

This option is now availble on my Excel tab ( Ver 1.1.0.64z1 )

This looks interesting but I havn't worked out how to use it. Are there any instuctions or info available? Can anybody point me in the right direction.

Thanks
John
methodman

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:54 pm

There isn't yet. There are only a few things you need to know though.
1) The workbooks must already exist and be closed before you use this feature as it will open them for you.
2) Click in the cell in the workbook column and select your workbook.
3) After you have selected the workbook you can then select the worksheet in the drop down list.
4) The other options should be self explanatory as they are the same options available in the normal Excel link popup.
5) Click "Start logging" at the bottom of the popup and it will open the workbooks automatically and establish the link.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby methodman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks Gary

Got a busy weekend so will try it next week.
methodman

Postby Steve Voltage » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Excellent feature Gary, in my opinion this update has is by far the best yet thank you. One thing i would like is a "Auto Start logging" when BA is opened option in preferences, is this possible please?
Steve Voltage

Postby Spike » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:15 am

Another feature that would be great to add to the quicklink would be an option to refresh the quick pick lists at a chosen time.
Spike

Postby Steve Voltage » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 am

Spike wrote:Another feature that would be great to add to the quicklink would be an option to refresh the quick pick lists at a chosen time.

I'll second that 8)
Steve Voltage

Postby Steve Voltage » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:49 am

Maybe this thread should now be in "suggestions"

another idea i would like is to have is an option to hibernate your pc say 10mins after the last event in the quick pick list and then wake your pc 10mins before the first event of the next day. :roll:
Steve Voltage

Postby waynethebrayn » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:54 am

Gary,

Please can you add the virtual racing quick pick list into this? It's missing from the dropdown choices.

Please can you also implement a 0.5 mins before off option in the auto select markets?

I also vote for a quick pick list refresh option.

Cheers.
waynethebrayn

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 am

I've added virtual racing to the list in version 1.1.0.64z2. I will see what I can do about the other suggestions.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Steve Voltage » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Something i noticed this morning is that if you open two profiles of BA it is not possible to have two separate "Auto Start Logging" sheets set up. It is also not possible to link the second opened profile to the workbook opened by profile one. :?
Steve Voltage

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

This is because there is only one file that stores the workbook list. I will do something about this in a future release.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Steve Voltage » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:25 pm

GaryRussell wrote:This is because there is only one file that stores the workbook list. I will do something about this in a future release.

Ok thanks Gary. very impressed with the upgrade from v.62 8)
Steve Voltage

Postby fridaystreet » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:43 am

I realise this is an old thread, but I've just started using BA and have this issue. Was just wondering if the fix you mention ever made it in to the software?

I'm trying to take snapshots of races at different times so I need to run multiple instances that have different logging times.

eg I want to look at prices at 15 minutes out and then again at say 3 minutes and compare them and make a trading decision. If I have 2 logging rules one at 15 mins before off and 1 at 3 mins before off, it causes problems when there are overlaps in times.

So my idea was to run 2 instances, have one logging all races 3 minutes and one logging all races at 15 minutes. But then I discovered the excel settings were getting carried between profiles. :-(

Anyway to fix this?

Cheers
Paul
fridaystreet

Postby fridaystreet » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 am

No worries I've just worked out how it works now. It opens a new page to track each row of the logging.

thanks
fridaystreet

Return to Help