Setting up bets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Setting up bets

Postby christine » Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 am

Hi, I want to try the following, but haven't a clue how to set it up:
Place a lay bet on 2nd favourite in any race if it's odds are below 6.0.
Could anyone offer any guidance as to whether this is possible? Many thanks in advance.
christine

Postby 2020vision » Wed May 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Christine :)

christine wrote:Hi, I want to try the following, but haven't a clue how to set it up:
Place a lay bet on 2nd favourite in any race if it's odds are below 6.0.
Could anyone offer any guidance as to whether this is possible? Many thanks in advance.

maybe this is the way? Download lay favourite spreadsheet from here first:
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3723

Then change the values "AA5=1" to "AA5=2" and "H5<2" to "H5<6"
in this trigger cell Q5 as shown in original below:
=IF(AND(AA5=1,H5<2,$F$2="",COUNTBLANK(T$5:T$50)=46),"LAY","")

The amended code should look like this:
=IF(AND(AA5=2,H5<6,$F$2="",COUNTBLANK(T$5:T$50)=46),"LAY","")

Then click cell Q5 and drag it all the way down to cell Q50.

Is this what you are looking to achieve? Don't forget to set your stakes.

Ttfn - Michael :wink:

P.S. If anyone spots a mistake please say asap - thanks.
2020vision

Postby christine » Wed May 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for your help Michael, I've set it up using tiny stakes, so no need to worry if it all goes pear shaped!! I'll let you know later whether or not it's what I wanted to do. Thanks again!
christine

Postby christine » Wed May 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi all,
This spreadsheet is great except for one key issue: it continues to bet in-play, so as soon as the 2nd fav hits odds of 6.0 or below, it kicks in! I don't want to bet in-play, is there anyway of amending the sheet so it places no more bets after the off. Thanks.
christine

Postby christine » Wed May 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Sorry, I meant to say it bets in-play if it hasn't managed to place a bet before the off. If it has already placed 1 bet, it doesn't place anymore (up to now anyway!).
christine

Postby sjaak1943 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm

christine wrote:Sorry, I meant to say it bets in-play if it hasn't managed to place a bet before the off. If it has already placed 1 bet, it doesn't place anymore (up to now anyway!).

=IF(AND(AA5=2,H5<6,$F$2="",COUNTBLANK(T$5:T$50)=46,$E$2="Not in Play"),"LAY","")
sjaak1943

Postby christine » Wed May 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Thanks! Will run it now.
christine

Postby christine » Wed May 19, 2010 4:11 pm

That works fine, thankyou. I am now attempting to set the number of seconds to the off to fire the bet. At the moment I am just using the auto-select markets 'x' mins before the off in BA, but would prefer to be a little more exact if possible. I wondered whether I could cut & paste the cells from the Place Bets Liability spreadsheet that Osknows referred me to in a previous post. The following is taken from that post:

Cell AK5 is a calculation cell which counts down the time remaing to the off for the current market.

The cell you need to input into is cell AL5. If you've already overtyped cell AK5 and saved just download the file again

Once AK5 is equal or below AL5 and other cnditions are met the bet will fire

Do you think I could put this into my spreadsheet & if so, would it have to be within the same cell numbers, or could I input it anywhere? Sorry, I know these are probably really simple questions, but I have no idea about Excel at all, though am trying to learn from you guys!
christine

Postby 2020vision » Wed May 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Hopefully this will work :?:

Try pasting this formula provided by Gary in other posts into cell T1.
This is a counter that counts down the seconds to scheduled event start.
Also enter into T2 the amount of seconds before the off you want it to fire?

=IF(LEFT(D2)<>"-",(HOUR(D2)*3600)+(MINUTE(D2)*60)+SECOND(D2),-((HOUR(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))*3600)+(MINUTE(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))*60)+SECOND(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))))

Then amend the trigger
=IF(AND(AA5=2,H5<6,$F$2="",COUNTBLANK(T$5:T$50)=46,$E$2="Not in Play"),"LAY","")

to

=IF(AND($T$1<$T$2,AA5=2,H5<6,$F$2="",COUNTBLANK(T$5:T$50)=46,$E$2="Not in Play"),"LAY","")

When T1 becomes less than T2 your trigger should activate if other conditions
are also met? If anyone spots a fault with this please say asap?

Thanks - Michael :)
2020vision

Postby christine » Wed May 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks very much Michael, that's exactly what I needed.
christine

Return to Help