What i am looking for...

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

What i am looking for...

Postby Steve Voltage » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:13 pm

The only way in five years that i have made Betfair pay long term is through trading related to price movements.I have had lots of various backing systems that have had good results but ultimatley they fail due to the nature of horse racing(have you ever seen a backing thread last 12 months), so i feel trading can be the only way. Of course laying may also produce good results, but i think this is for the brave :cry: . The problem with trading is that it can become very very time consuming and i would like to hear from an experienced excel/vba programer who could produce a workbook that i require to trade from price movements. Thank you.

p.s i would just like say that this software is excellent, and as a former user of BetAngel this interface offers far more value.
Steve Voltage

Postby Bid » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 pm

So you're looking for someone to write you a bot that will trade for you all day whilst you are away from your computer?

Will you provide the logic behind the trades?
Bid

Postby MartinP_uk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:27 pm

Arnold i think i can cater for your needs and ive sent you a basic sample sheet that i hope will give you an idea of what i can produce. I hope to hear from you. Martin
MartinP_uk

Postby Steve Voltage » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:01 pm

Martin the email your address seems to be incorrect please PM me as i would like to speak to you asap.
Steve Voltage

Postby Steve Voltage » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:46 pm

:oops: my mistake address was ok
Steve Voltage

Postby iankn73 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I also looking for the something similar to Arnold, e.g. I would like an automated spreadsheet based on my criteria e.g. I will only trade the favourite say 5-10 mins before the off and never go in-play set the tick value and also a stop loss or even better sliding stop loss if the trade goes against me. I would also want the spreadsheet to green up my profits or losses across the whole field say 1 min before the off!!

Another spreadsheet I would be looking for is one where I lay the favourite on every race based on a range of odds and if say I Lay the fav @ the 1pm wolves @ 3.0 for say £2 which = £4 liability + my initial stake £2 and it goes on to win then I carry over my loss and the initial stake as well as the additional new £2 stake for the next horse and so on. And once I have recouped my losses then the stakes reverts back to the normal £2 lay.

I so hope this or something along those lines can be achieved by the developers out there and I obviously willing to pay for these spreadsheets.

Please pm me!

Best Regards,

Ian
iankn73

Postby PeteB » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:41 pm

That can be done - just a note to be careful about that staking plan...

Why do you want to recoup losses? - all you do by that approach is reduce the number of losses in a row that it would take to wipe you out, without increase your overall expectancy.

Search on here for a link to Maria's staking plan - well worth reading the whole year of the thread if you are laying - the staking plan is the real secret of her success.
PeteB

Postby iankn73 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:03 pm

PeteB wrote:That can be done - just a note to be careful about that staking plan...

Why do you want to recoup losses? - all you do by that approach is reduce the number of losses in a row that it would take to wipe you out, without increase your overall expectancy.

Search on here for a link to Maria's staking plan - well worth reading the whole year of the thread if you are laying - the staking plan is the real secret of her success.

Hi PeteB,

Thanks for replying, when you say it can be done, do you mean that you can do it and if so are you talking about the Laying spreadsheet or both the Laying & Trading spreadsheet. I have already have a copy of Marias Staking plan thanks, its just that I have a particular strategy/staking plan that I plan on using for laying the fav only and this is with minimum risk to my bank. My strategy had worked in the past its just that I had to always be at the P.C. which is of no use to me when I'm working.

I flexible Lay spreadsheet would be nice e.g. it would also allow for me to aly the 2nd fav, 3rd and so on but my primary focus is on the fav!!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks,

Ian
iankn73

Postby PeteB » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Ok - as long as you know what you are doing, then that's fine.

When I say it can be done, I mean I would know how to do it, but also lots of other people on here would too. I can't offer to help now as I'm struggling to find time to do my own development at the mo I'm afraid - but I'm sure it won't take you long to find someone who can help - from your brief description it all sounds doable.
PeteB

Re: What i am looking for...

Postby havitsp » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:16 pm

Arnold wrote:The only way in five years that i have made Betfair pay long term is through trading related to price movements.I have had lots of various backing systems that have had good results but ultimatley they fail due to the nature of horse racing(have you ever seen a backing thread last 12 months), so i feel trading can be the only way. Of course laying may also produce good results, but i think this is for the brave :cry: . The problem with trading is that it can become very very time consuming and i would like to hear from an experienced excel/vba programer who could produce a workbook that i require to trade from price movements. Thank you.

p.s i would just like say that this software is excellent, and as a former user of BetAngel this interface offers far more value.

still giving out poor tips
havitsp

Postby Steve Voltage » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:05 pm

............../'¯/)
............./.../
............/..../
....../´¯/...../'¯¯'\
.../'/.../..../...../¨¯\
.(.(...´...´.... ./.....)
..\...................../
...\....\............../
.....\...............(