I'm looking for help with a horse laying spreadsheet.

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

I'm looking for help with a horse laying spreadsheet.

Postby cara » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi

With the help of others on various forums, and with very basic knowledge I have built an auto laying spreadsheet, which lays a horse in pre-selected races to certain criteria. My problem is that because I need to record the outcome of a race, so that I can adjust stakes depending on the outcome of the previous race, and because I am not skilled enough to record the results of a race, I put all of the selected races on a single sheet in set positions and I therefore can’t use the “Quick Pick List” and for some reason after I have selected about 3 or 4 races, the data does not come over to my spreadsheet. I use a sheet per day and record the daily activities on a monthly sheet. Another problem is that when a NR is declared and it is in the middle of a racecard, one of my criteria being to choose the lowest price, a NR is listed as zero and therefore no bet is laid.

My email address is:- atthecara@yahoo.co.uk
cara

Postby Roger » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:54 pm

I am new to this sort of spreadsheet, but I have had to solve the problem of the non-runner. Make a column in AA, with the formula
=IF(F5=0,"",F5)
Then you can use the formula
=F5=SMALL(AA:AA,1)
to find the favourite, even if there are non-runners. Change the 1 to 2, 3, etc. to get the 2nd and following favourites.

Note: All your mathematical formulas must still query column F directly.
Roger

Return to Find an Excel developer