Looking for a developer

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Looking for a developer

Postby Smokin Joe » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm looking for some assistance on one of my spreadsheets.

Basically I am trying to get £x staked on under / over 2.5 goals and as sometimes these markets are illiquid, very often my original request would go unmatched.

I am looking something written whereby I place a bet at the current odds, I then wait a certain amount of time. If bet fully matched then great, do nothing more.
However, if bet not matched then cancel the unmatched portion and resubmit a new bet (and loop if need be until kick off) bearing in mind:

1 - I use a form of Kelly staking so my new liability will now be less than the original bet (because the available odds have ben reduced)
2 - Bet #2 onwards, must take into account the bets already matched to ensure that I only place an amount that I am supposed to.
3 - The first bet might be a back of unders, and the second a lay of overs, depending on whichever bet offers the best value.
4 - I will have many markets open on the one tab, and all markets need to be monitored / bets placed.

Anyone who is capable of writing this for me please either reply here or by PM.

Cheers
SJ
Smokin Joe

Postby Smokin Joe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Ok, if no one wants the work can they give me some clues as to how they would structure the solution?

I can get the original bet placed, however I run into difficulties when the bet is only part matched (and then killed).

The reason for this is I don't know what logic to use to clear the Bet Ref.

The obvious thing is to wait until the Bet Ref doesn't have a "P" at the end, this means that it has been killed off (or filled).
The problem is what logic do I use?

I can't just clear when a Bet Ref doesn't have a "P" at the end as that means that the Bet Ref will be cleared the instant the bet appears on the spreadsheet, with the result that the 2nd bet gets placed more than once.

As I have said on another thread, I tried to use a lookup with the "MyBets" tab and when the Bet Ref status was "F" then I could clear the Bet Ref.
The problem with this is that I need to have more than 1 market on the tab, with the result that the bets start to overwrite themselves on the "MyBets" sheet. So that logic has been thrown out the window as well.

Any thoughts (please)?

This is the only thing that I want to use Gruss for, so I am trying my best to come up with a solution for my problem.
Smokin Joe

Postby laffo16 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:34 am

how about waiting for a set time while "P" is displayed, if the bet doesnt completely fill after a short period of time then clear and re-bet any un-matched stake. i wouldnt mind a stab at this smokin joe, if you want contact me on msn: Laffo16@hotmail.com and we discuss some more.
laffo16

Postby Smokin Joe » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 am

laffo,
thanks for the idea.

SJ
Smokin Joe

Postby dgs2001 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:27 pm

SJ

I have a question,

How do you have many markets open in one tab all being monitered at the same time?

Duncan
dgs2001

Postby Smokin Joe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:58 am

dgs2001 wrote:SJ

I have a question,

How do you have many markets open in one tab all being monitered at the same time?

Duncan

You can have more than one market open in a tab. Load up one market as normal and then drag another market from the left hand menu to the middle of the screen.
Now it will update both the markets.

You can keep doing this until Excel freezes (i haven't hit that yet :lol: )
Smokin Joe

Postby dgs2001 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks SJ
I'm learning new things all the time :D

Duncan
dgs2001

Return to Find an Excel developer