Excel (or Access) coder required

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel (or Access) coder required

Postby doris_day » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:10 pm

I bet almost every day on almost every race. I often bet 2 or 3 runners in each race and therefore I build up quite a lot of data. Some courses I perform better at than others and I like to keep track of how I'm doing. I do this weekly by downloading the Bet History from Betfair.
I would like a macro or Access prog that will look at the data and give me the following for each course: name of course, ave price matched at, P/L for course, number of winning bets, number of losing bets. Race type isnt so important at the moment, although in the future I may want a macro that breaks down races into types i.e 5f, 6f, Chase , Hdl etc
Sounds pretty straightforward to me for someone that knows Excel or Access. I'm very happy to pay the going rate via PayPal.
PM me if interested and if you can do it now rather than sometime in the future. Thanks.
doris_day

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:24 am

You don't really need a macro to do that - have a look in the help for pivot tables.
Ian

Postby doris_day » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:48 am

OK, I'll take a look. However, I'd much rather pay for someone to do this for me and from their final thing I'll learn more quickly how to do it in future. I learn better by example.
doris_day

Postby doris_day » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:02 am

I've just imported the data into Access and have used their reporting to do what I need. Seems to work OK.
doris_day

Excel Project

Postby melcon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:14 am

Hi. I am ready to give your project the kick-off. I am a 22 year old student of applied mathematics from Hamburg, Germany. I am into the betting business since the age of 13 and do some casual codingin my free-time. So don`t expect top code-structure but I am motivated to master your needs. If you are interested you can send me a PN whereyou specify the application flow.

Is the raw-data already available?
So that the programm is more or less searching a excel table for pre-defined criteria?

Do you have ICQ or some other messenger to answer questions during the programming fast?

Tim
melcon

Postby doris_day » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks for the offer but I think I've cracked it myself in Access
doris_day

Return to Find an Excel developer