Gruss Automation Software Released! (GBot)

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Gruss Automation Software Released! (GBot)

Postby laffo16 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:01 am

After endless hours of work i'm finaly ready to release what i have so far.

Gruss Bot

Advanced Automated Excel Bot for Betting Assistant

>> Overview

Grussbot is a feature full addon for users of Betting Assistant previously refered to as Gruss. Capable of advanced system and multiple formula condition betting with full individual system banking integration.

>> Features

- Automate a list of Bets while meeting multiple conditions
- Set Criteria for your Systems individually ensuring all bets meet req odds
- Individual System Banking for monitoring multiple system performances
- Staking formulas, Bank Barriers and Level Stake Analysis
- Fast SQL Storage of all price movements for triggered conditions
- Global Condition Parameters
- Automated Navigatation through each days races
- Run Multiple Formulated Condition Groups
- Auto Back/Lay a selection from position with specific conditions
- Auto Back/Lay a drifter or steamer with specific conditions
- Auto Bookmaking with several additional conditions
- And many more features such as dynamic prices, min/max odds, time-stamp recognition, grand total matched, min/max runners, (x) runners with odds less than (y), offset / fill or kill / stop lose / remain in play, price distance comparisons, detected drifter/steamer in position / ticks from a specific time stamp, stop after (x) winning streak and much more.

>> Download

A full version two week trial of the software is available.

Current Release: Gruss Bot v0.89.1 [03.10.08]

:: Download ::
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Gruss%20Bot.zip

>> Subscription

Subscription will be made on a monthly basis via PayPal (no automated payments will be taken). Once payment is recieved your account will be identified by your befair login and updated in our database automaticly.

Monthly Fee: £9.99

>> Tutorial Videos

First 2 videos are non-gruss bot related but may yield some insight into how to prepare your tips for the bot if you are running multiple systems.

Part 1 - Gathering and organising tips (win2win)
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Part-1-wmv.html
Part 2 - Gathering and organising tips (win2win)
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Part-2-wmv.html

Part 3 - How to setup and run Gruss Bot
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Part-3-wmv.html
Part 4 - How to setup and run Gruss Bot
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Part-4-wmv.html
Part 5 - How to setup and run Gruss Bot
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Part-5-wmv.html

Part 6 - Added a new Bookmaker feature set
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Part-6-wmv.html

let me know what you think guys, if you have any suggestions or problems.
please visit my site for further updates: http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/

Dean BigWig Lafferty
Last edited by laffo16 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
laffo16

Postby KevinTHFC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi Mate,

You have obviously put a lot of work in and it looks like you have produced something that could be useful. Looks like you still have some way to go before having a commercial product though. Too much cuting and pasting and manual formatting for my liking but I am sure you already know that and will be working to make it less intensive for potential users. For example, the idea of the multiple banks is great but having to manually enter the bank number against each system is a bit tedious and could be acheived using lookups.

Hope you don't mind my comments, just trying to offer up some construcive criticism that ill hopefully help you improve your product.

Best Wishes

Kevin
KevinTHFC

Postby allgreen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi Dean, was just about to make the same comment about using lookups for the System ID and Back/Lay when I saw Kevin's post. As is, it looks pretty tedious work and open to errors, especially if running a large number of systems.

Perhaps the lookup formulas can be placed somewhere out of the way and then the System ID and back/lay data copied and special pasted to the appropriate cells using a macro. (button)
allgreen

Postby laffo16 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:57 pm

thanks for the suggestions guys, the only way im seeing this working at the mo is using the 2nd column which is "Bet Type" as a temporary deposit for the system name lookup, eg the selections are pasted in as "name (tab) system". then execute the macro button, bank id's are looked up, the system descriptions will need to pretty much match in order to find the id's. then the back/lay bet types are inserted from a new static column in the "bank" page into appropiate rows overwriting the temporary system description. would this be ok??

video tutorials will be uploaded in a different format (probably wmv) as they seem to be stopping a couple of minutes in for no apparent reason.

file name extensions need to be enabled for the current release to work. (fixed for next release)

also i made the mistake of including the version number in the description for the download which isn't a good idea when you need to update :) i'll change this for next rel.
laffo16

Postby KevinTHFC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:30 pm

laffo16 wrote:video tutorials will be uploaded in a different format (probably wmv) as they seem to be stopping a couple of minutes in for no apparent reason.

Videos worked fine for me :D
KevinTHFC

Postby laffo16 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 am

yo all, am still considerin how to go about the suggestions made earlier about assigning the BANK ID automaticly, i have a good idea and will get round to this. i was contacted over msn by a fellow who asked me to make a bookmaker bot for him, so i tied the code in and jobs a good'n, their maybe a few more things yet i can add to the bookmaker script book generaly its workin ok. Ive updated all my vids to .wmv format so hopefully no more streaming issues their, and added a 6th part video about the bookmaker feature.

Part 6 - Added a new Bookmaker feature set
http://www.uk-bay.com/gbot/Part-6-wmv.html

v0.88 released

- added bookmaker
- several small changes to code

also note that File Extensions must be enabled. (more info in readme file)

Their are two things i will be workin on next, one in adding the features required by Buddy in the other thread "auto lay s/w - specifying must runners", the main problem of this is that non-runner cannot currently be listed so this is on hold for the moment. The other is to have the script compile a list of all horses and all odds in every race at two specific times during the morning (eg 10:00 & 1:00), then use this data to back or lay the biggest drifter or steamers within a price range.

Many more changes i want to do, the list goes on :). ow i think i read that in BA 0.21 you can now update the results sheet from a trigger in Q cell, this is great news and i'll be adding this trigger 4 sure ^^. Any suggestions, ideas or thoughts go right ahead, if your having any trouble getting the thing working, pls let me know.
laffo16

Postby laffo16 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:55 am

Hi guys, has anyone ran the program yet lol :) come on guys hit me with some feedback! The non-runner call hasnt been implement by gary yet so still waiting on that. I'm almost finished with the other feature i talked about in my last post, the one regardin getting all market prices at two set times then layin or backin the biggest drifter or steamer at spec odds.

after reading over the "Refresh & Auto populate Quick-Pick List" thread i've got some new tasks to finish probably before the next release.

After Last Race
- save spreadsheet
- additional command
1. continue
2. exit
3. exit then shutdown

Morning Conditions
- set time
- (-3) refresh quick pick list
- (-5) load first quick pick market
- clear data (1/2/3)
1. sheet2
2. custom bets
3. prices trigger

(-6) refresh bet results (implement)

Globals
- set refresh rate monitoring market
- set refresh rate not monitoring market
- set refresh rate after last race
laffo16

Postby laffo16 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:13 pm

released v0.89. added the following features

- Set Refresh Rate while Monitoring Market
- Set Refresh Rate Between Markets
- Set Refresh Rate After Last Race
- Morning Conditions (Set Activation Time)
- Refresh Quick Pick List
- Clear Data from Specific Spread Sheets
- After Last Race Conditions (Save Workbook)
- Shutdown Command or Continue
- Only use Tracks/Courses (Track ID) New SS
- Race Distance (Min - Max) Completed
- Selections which Must Run - New SS
- Record Market Prices at Time of Bet (1)
- Distance between 1st and 2nd has increase / dec by (x) ticks
- >> over (y) period of sec's
- 1st Position Odds (Min - Max)
- 2nd Position Odds (Min - Max)
- 3rd Position Odds (Min - Max)

- Record All Prices in all Markets and Place Bets According to Data
- >> Set Time 1 (eg 11:00)
- >> Set Time 2 (eg 13:00)
- >> Bet Type (BACK / LAY)
- >> Largest Drifter (1) / Largest Steamer (2)
- >> Must Drift or Steam at Least (x) Ticks
- >> Selection must be Matched More then (x)
- >> Set Max Number of Bets

- Back (1) / Lay (2) Field
- Cancel Remaining Bets after first (x) matches

- Bet Accumulator (1: Activate)
- >> Set # (number) of maximum bets
- Auto Update Unmatched / Partially Matched Bets (1)
- Update odds if U / P after (x) seconds
- Update odds tick offset
- Market In-Play Race Distance Emulator
- >> Market In-Play for <> (x) %

- (Min - Max) Odds added to Custom Bets
- Bet Type can now be applied to an entire system

sorry it took so long to finish this release those of you who have been waiting on me, i really wanted to finish as much as i could before letting this release out. still much more yet to do.

all expired free trials will be extended until the end of the month

use the download link from the 1st post for the latest version.
laffo16

Postby xraymitch » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:26 am

Hi Dean,

I am busy with my own little project at the moment but in the next few weeks when I can concentrate fully on your trial version I will certainly be giving Gruss Bot a run. In the meantime I shall watch your videos.

I can see that GBot has an extensive feature set which makes it very attractive for me, but as GBot needs BA I am curious to know what Gary thinks of your pricing ?

Keep up with the tremendous work and all the best for your success.

Ray
xraymitch

Postby laffo16 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:23 am

thanks for the support xraymitch,

GRUSS BOT v0.89.1

- Email registration is now required
- Enhancements to "Distance between" condition, now includes decimal
- Add 1st Position LP + 2nd Position LP <= (x) decimal
- Add Trigger (IPC) original bet cancel, offset remains inplay (1)
- Add >> Manual control over stake + inc updates (1) (Back/Lay Field)
- Add >> Manual control over odds + inc updates (1) (Back/Lay Field)
- Add >> Maximum bets per selection (backs / lays)
- Modified "Bet on Selection in Position (x)" to (x - y)
- Updated Bet on Largest Steam / Drifter Code & Conditions
laffo16

Postby Steve Voltage » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:18 pm

xraymitch & laffo16 same person imo.
Steve Voltage

Postby xraymitch » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:28 pm

Arnold wrote:xraymitch & laffo16 same person imo.

Arnold, the above is so not true :shock:

I am puzzled why you should even think that - I can only guess it was because of my fullsome praise (have you checked GBot out ) :? but you don't seem to have noticed my possibly critical question re pricing which incidently laffo16 has yet to answer.

To remove all doubt I give Gary / Mark permission to confirm my identity.

Regards,

Ray
xraymitch

Postby xraymitch » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:39 pm

laffo16 wrote:thanks for the support xraymitch,

You are very welcome 8) but you have yet to reply re my question about pricing structure.

Regards,

Ray

PS I am surprised you have received so little feedback from other member of this forum.
xraymitch

Postby laffo16 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:24 pm

i guess their is still alot of work to be done and bugs to ironed out, the spread sheet layout could do with a change, full documentation of the conditions and how to setup the bot as i think this is very much needed, its not very user friendly looking at the mo. i will most likey extend the free trial period from 2 weeks to a month and reduce the subscription to £5/month, hopefully this will help with gettin more response.

i have as of late been helping a bloke called harvy out over msn who was having trouble with a specific excel com function (which basicly caused the bot to crash very early on), think i have resolved it after some work last night but its differcult trying to fix bugs i cant replicate. ive no doubt their will be other critical bugs which need to be attened to.

i will be finishing work for hughsiepops and WhyLoses projects (thanks for your emails guys), but wish to then return to cleaningup some parts of the code which i dont feel i have done justice too.
laffo16

Postby xraymitch » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:21 pm

laffo16 wrote:full documentation of the conditions and how to setup the bot as i think this is very much needed, its not very user friendly looking at the mo. i will most likey extend the free trial period from 2 weeks to a month and reduce the subscription to £5/month, hopefully this will help with gettin more response.

Hi Dean,

I agree with all of the above and I think giving people a try out for a month is an excellent move ( as BA does for example) I for one will be giving GBot a run at the end of this month.

Please don't be downhearted, as I believe you really have a major work in progress - it just needs polishing 8)

Regards

Ray
xraymitch

Next

Return to Find an Excel developer