Price recording program

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Price recording program

Postby soccergeez » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi,

I am after an Excel program that can record football match odds prices, preferably a few matches at once & refreshing every few seconds.

Anyone able to tell me how do-able (and how expensive) this is likely to be please?

If anyone is interested in doing the work please let me know & I'll supply more precise details of exactly what I am after.

Many thanks.
soccergeez

Postby doris_day » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:38 am

Although I appreciate that you probably want to do this yourself, you'll find that this sort of data is available historically from Fracsoft. The data costs but then what doesn't these days ?
doris_day

Postby soccergeez » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi Doris,

Yeah I'm well aware of Fracsoft but I would rather use something gathering only the info I require and have it a bit more tailered to my needs. Cheers anyway.
soccergeez

Postby knot » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:26 pm

doris_day wrote:Although I appreciate that you probably want to do this yourself, you'll find that this sort of data is available historically from Fracsoft. The data costs but then what doesn't these days ?

Doris do you know of a way of testing a system using Fracsoft without doing it race by race? I mean by using excel or something? :roll:
knot

Postby doris_day » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:16 am

soccergeez,
No problem...I got a routine built for me by going to Rentacoder. The coder was ricks7 and he did a good job and fast. Cost me $45 which I was happy with. Give them a try.

knot,
You can export from Fracsoft and so build up a big database in Excel. Then the world is your oyster in terms of how you want to analyse it. I've done all my analysis in Excel.
doris_day

Re: Price recording program

Postby alrodopial » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:35 pm

soccergeez wrote:Hi,

I am after an Excel program that can record football match odds prices, preferably a few matches at once & refreshing every few seconds.

Anyone able to tell me how do-able (and how expensive) this is likely to be please?

If anyone is interested in doing the work please let me know & I'll supply more precise details of exactly what I am after.

Many thanks.

Recording odds shouldn't be be very hard to do it.
What is your current knowledge of Excel?
Besides that, if you seriously plan to use BA you will need to learn a little more Excel.
Explain us about this "recording odds".
How do you imagine it?
alrodopial

Postby soccergeez » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info Doris, I'll see what response I get on here & if no luck will probably give him a go :D

Alrodopial - My Excel isnt too bad nowadays but my macro knowledge is non existent :oops:

I think recording & saving the odds may be more complex than you imagine.

I am hoping for something that every refresh of the market should record the current back & lay prices and the amounts available plus the last matched price and amount. Every refresh should be on a new line in Excel. It would also be useful to gather the total matched on the market on each refresh. Oh and some sort of timestamping of the data too.
soccergeez

Postby alrodopial » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:35 pm

soccergeez wrote:
Alrodopial - My Excel isnt too bad nowadays but my macro knowledge is non existent :oops:

Believe me my friend , it will be a wonderful trip. Go ahead.

Can you attach an excel file with the exact lay out with the info you want?
The lay out is maybe the most important stage of the "project".
alrodopial

Postby soccergeez » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:08 pm

I would do yes, but how do you attach a file to a post on here, there doesnt seem to be that option :oops:
soccergeez

Postby alrodopial » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:28 pm

soccergeez wrote:I would do yes, but how do you attach a file to a post on here, there doesnt seem to be that option :oops:

Maybe a link from an external file hosting site?
alrodopial

Postby soccergeez » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Thought there was bound to be an option to add links on here but I was too dumb to find it!

Anyway I have put something together quite quickly, this is how I imagine in to be and as you can see it is very simple looking. I don't see any need to make it too complicated, if it successfully records data I can always look at adding some more indicators to it at a later stage.

This is maybe not the "best" way of recording it but it makes sense to me and I want to use as few rows in Excel as possible. Tbh as long as the data is recorded I can always filter & sort it again at a later stage. Obviously the normal BA information which appears when you link to Excel will take up the first few rows on the sheet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f048 ... f6e8ebb871
soccergeez

Postby alrodopial » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Do you want to use these data "on the fly" or just store them somewhere and make statistical analysis later?
alrodopial

Postby soccergeez » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:27 pm

I plan to use Excel and Access to analyse the data once I have built up a decent sample of data. I am pretty new to Access but I dont think it should be too difficult to do this ......... hopefully :)
soccergeez

Postby alrodopial » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Here is a try

http://www.mediafire.com/file/odqjwnmjwlv/RECORDING SOCCER ODDS.xls

You can copy-paste the code from VBA-Sheet1 (top left in VBA editor) into another sheets (with names Sheet2, Sheet3 ...) , then change the Sheet1 (in the code) with Sheet2 etc , then copy-paste Sheet1 into Sheet2 etc. and you can log more matches in the other sheets.

Please if anyone wants he can improve it since my VBA knowledge is limited.
alrodopial

Postby soccergeez » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Alrodopial - Wow, that is absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much its exactly what I was hoping for. :D

I think you are wrong when you say your VBA knowledge is limited though cos it looks very very good to me.

Seriously, thank you so much. 8)
soccergeez

Next

Return to Find an Excel developer