Greyhound Lay Bot available

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Greyhound Lay Bot available

Postby eyesnack » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:57 pm

I have a new laying greyhound bot for you to try

features

1. Min-Max Odds.
2. Back/Lay Ratio & Fav 1-6.
3. Place Bet x mins/secs.
4. Max Profit/Loss - Stopcheck.
5. % Bank Stake.
6. Fixed Liability Stake.
7. Recovery Mode.
8. Send e-mail every x mins/hrs.
9. e-mail ( send e-mails to your PC/mobile Phone/etc keep track of your progress).
10. Activate e-mail (please ensure valid e-mail addresses, also if you wish to stop this function you will need to change time to 23hrs).
11.Track your last 500 bets.
12.Unsettled bets indicator (system wont bet while there are outstanding trades).
13.Visual indicator of your last Lay.
14.Current P&L.
15.Last 15 Trades.

you can view a screenshot and download from here http://gbot.homeftp.net
eyesnack

Postby eightball » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Anyone know how I get this to work?
eightball

how to work

Postby eyesnack » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:31 pm

you just link to it its an excel spreadsheet that just automates tasks for you.
eyesnack

Postby eightball » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:28 pm

How do I load all of the days races?

Sorted now.
eightball

Postby one click king » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 pm

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD.

I CANNOT MAKE IT STRIKE ANY BETS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
one click king

Postby doris_day » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:50 am

Nice choice of vocabularly eyesnack. I think that you'll find a number of posts I've made have been helpful ones but when people come on here feigning to help and either dont deliver or try to draw others into a paying service then I'm quite happy to point that out to others.
Some of those offering Excel help fall into the latter category.
You are right, it doesnt say that after the trial period I have to pay but if you're offering a free spreadsheet, why is there a 'trial' period and why do I have to email you for instructions after the trial period. I'm sure you can give me a good reason, just as you were able to give me the data for how the bot performed over a longterm period like a year. If you dont have the data then its probably best for you to use the bot with caution yourself and stop insinuating to others that using the bot will produce longterm profits.
I've been in this game long enough to know that any system needs a long trial before any edge can be taken as being significant.
Especially a bot that has such a simple algorithm as this one.
It seems to me that it lays the 4th favourite where the Back/Lay ratio is less than 10%. Is that right ? If so, I'd really like to see proper longterm results to show that this is profitable. If there is some VBA code that I haven't seen that adds to the algorithm then please let me know.
Meanwhile, if your recent attitude to other users who are having problems with your software is typical, for god's sake don't even think about doing this as a commercial venture.
doris_day

Postby knot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:22 am

doris_day wrote:Nice choice of vocabularly eyesnack. I think that you'll find a number of posts I've made have been helpful ones but when people come on here feigning to help and either dont deliver or try to draw others into a paying service then I'm quite happy to point that out to others.
Some of those offering Excel help fall into the latter category.
You are right, it doesnt say that after the trial period I have to pay but if you're offering a free spreadsheet, why is there a 'trial' period and why do I have to email you for instructions after the trial period. I'm sure you can give me a good reason, just as you were able to give me the data for how the bot performed over a longterm period like a year. If you dont have the data then its probably best for you to use the bot with caution yourself and stop insinuating to others that using the bot will produce longterm profits.
I've been in this game long enough to know that any system needs a long trial before any edge can be taken as being significant.
Especially a bot that has such a simple algorithm as this one.
It seems to me that it lays the 4th favourite where the Back/Lay ratio is less than 10%. Is that right ? If so, I'd really like to see proper longterm results to show that this is profitable. If there is some VBA code that I haven't seen that adds to the algorithm then please let me know.
Meanwhile, if your recent attitude to other users who are having problems with your software is typical, for god's sake don't even think about doing this as a commercial venture.

good post.
knot

Postby eightball » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Can someone help me? I'm trying to load a workbook on BA, but the only
workbook name that shows is the GBOT and it not even running.
ARRRRRRRRGHHHHH :twisted:
eightball

Postby one click king » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:23 pm

I am having similar problems, I think.

Has anyone got this working ?
one click king

Postby doris_day » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:37 am

I haven't had any problems at all getting this up and running and it works well.
My only objection is that the betting decisions it can make are very simplistic and I would doubt that longterm profits can be made using it. For instance the only decision it can make is to bet the nth favourite as long as the price is between x and y and the difference between the back and lay price is less than z%.
If this is the start of something bigger where users can extend the decision making into something a little more complex, then fair enough but the insinuation was that the default settings would make you a longterm profit. And imo thats unlikely.
To get it running, all I did was to double-click the exe file in order to bring up the interface; get BA running and loaded with a greyhound race and then link BA to the Excel file in the normal way. I think the default setting is to bet 30secs before the off if the conditions are right. If they arent right, then it wont bet.
doris_day

Postby one click king » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:08 am

Hi Doris

Do you have an msn account, so one night you can talk me through what I am doing wrong.

I've done all you appear to be saying but nadder.

Or give me an instance of how to set it up like this -

Min odds 3.2
Max odds 4.5
1-6 fav 2
Ratio 9
Time Before Race 00:02:00

Should the above settings work or am I making an obvious error. I sent a screenshot to the developer of this and he said everything looked correct.

How many bets per race would you expect to see?

Will there be many races where no bet at all will be fired?

Is the ratio the crucial part and should it be bigger or smaller than stated above?
one click king

Postby doris_day » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 pm

I'd say that trying to get on with your settings 2mins before the race is unlikely. As you're probably aware, the market doesnt really get going until v close to the off. I'd change that to 00:00:30
That way the market should be stable and the back/lay raio as tight as its going to be
doris_day

Postby doris_day » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:09 pm

There will only be 1 bet per race as you've specified it should back the 2nd fav
doris_day

Postby doris_day » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:10 pm

When I say 'back', I mean of course it will Lay the 2nd fav
doris_day

Postby doris_day » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:13 pm

I'd also look at your 2nd fav price range as I think 3.2 - 4.5 may be too narrow
doris_day

Next

Return to Find an Excel developer