Greyhound Tracker (Market Monitoring Tool)

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Greyhound Tracker (Market Monitoring Tool)

Postby laffo16 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:36 am

Greyhound Tracker Alpha v0.1

- Hotkeys
F9 = Exit
Pause/Break = Pause and Resume

Requires at least Betting Assistant v1.1.0.57

I will go into full explanations later but just a quick guide:
- Clicking on horse name does nothing
- Clicking on Odds will place one back and one lay bet at the best unmatched price and further clicks will update these bets when required. this feature is disabled by default so you have nothing to worry about and must enable it from the preferences.
- Clicking on DB / DBLM or TML will bring up that selection in the ladder. Left click will designate that runner to the 1st ladder, and right clicking will do the same to the 2nd ladder. this allows you to quickly get into the action of any runner.

in order for the last feature to work, your 1st tab must be in Standard Mode, and then you use your 2nd Tab in ladder mode, and trade from here.

- DB is distance between the Back and Lay odds (in ticks)
- DBLM is distance between the highest and lowest last matched (in ticks) over a set period of time over a set refresh rate
- TML is the total matched over a set period of time

A few other ding dong bells can be tweaked from the preferences but just to overview, greyhound tracker will make suggestions for you on which greyhounds you should be paying attention to & trade on, when it see's that a selections back and lay odds are close but not to close, or it see the last matched odds fire up and down then it will display this in the relevant cells, the cells background will turn grey when it encounters such activity, and when you see these cells turn colour, you can just click them to have your 1st or 2nd ladder change straight into the action.

I was really unsure whether to release this while it was in dev as i felt it maybe an invaluable tool to trading greyhounds, but the more time i spent on it, the more i thought I should probably release it. Anyhow I would appreciate just some realistic opinions to whether or not you think this tool is of any use. it is a fairly simple tool i guess, but alot goes on behind the scenes, makes me shiver now when i wonder how much goes on behind the scenes with betting assistant rofl. :)

Well, on a last note, I’m not a pro, so even the concept of the information which greyhound tracker shows may not be useful to some more experienced with this sort of thing. saying that, I’m just trying make do with my level of knowledge and understanding. This program I guess as most things do, started off as just a little idea which I thought would take 5 mins, 5 mins turned into 5 days, into probably a month or so haha, well anyways, any feedback appreciated.

I really need to get back to my other grussbot project now. This program is free for the moment but may change in the unforeseeable future. O yes, and this an alpha release! so expect a few bugs, let me know if you find any. change stakes to 0.01p to get an understanding of the double betting / update bet function. you maybe able to use this on other venues but i havent tested yet and thus wouldnt recommeneded it. also, please be patient if i am slow at replying to emails or forum messages, if you want fast reply to a question contact me on msn: laffo16@hotmail.com

- Download
http://www.uk-bay.com/Greyhound%20Tracker.zip

Dean Lafferty
Laffo16
laffo16

not able to download

Postby sjaak1943 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:11 pm

C:\DOCUME~1\Sjaak\LOCALS~1\Temp\NYEEp3Ga.zip.part kon niet worden opgeslagen omdat het bronbestand niet kon worden gelezen.

Could not be saved, because the sourcefile could not be read.
sjaak1943

Postby negapo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm trying the tool and so far looks good. Would be nice a setting to Auto-Update the spread position and to be able to use it in other markets. It looks good for market makers.

Edit:
An auto-level for the stakes would be nice
(instead of back X stake and lay X stake)
An option for ignoring stakes under y would be nice too (sometimes there are cents "forgotten" and the program takes that position)
Last edited by negapo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
negapo

Postby laffo16 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:26 pm

i dont understand where you are getting this error from, NYEEp3Ga.zip.part looks to me like a download accelerated file. can you tell me when abouts this errors occures and possibly send me a screenshot by email, or better describe the circumstances to the error. i really cant tell if your are unable to download the "Greyhound%20Tracker.zip" or if this some error while running the program. all i can suggest is to not download the file using any download accelerater.
laffo16

Postby negapo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:46 pm

I'm testing the program and on the last time it ignored the available lay odds and backed at 990 (i have 1000 in my preferences for the option of backing when there are no odds available so if that was the case for a split second it would be 1000 i guess). I have a screenshot if your interested.
negapo

Postby laffo16 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:53 pm

thanks for your suggestions negapo (i will consider every suggestion) and for putting the program through its paces. yes send me a screen shot of the bet and also of your options/preferences, it may well be that it ignored the available lay odds because they were staked at £2 or less, their is an option in the preferences to never jump in front of a bet with money less than or equal to £2 (default value it 2). send me the screeny anyways so i can check for certain. email address above.
laffo16

Postby negapo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:09 pm

laffo16
It was exactly it, there were 3 lay odds all of them of 2€ so as it should the program ignore it. Its is running very well. I have tested it for 4 races with success (both from the program and from the P&L point of view :D)
I'm going to test it a little bit more and email you the suggestions. Great work.
negapo

download

Postby sjaak1943 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Problem solved. It was the ESET virusscanner.
sjaak1943

greyhound tracker

Postby sjaak1943 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:46 am

Nice tool, to trade the gaps.
In which directory should I place the file?
sjaak1943

Postby laffo16 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:29 am

cheers sjaak. yeh because it has no installation, it doesnt have a home ^^ directory. you can run it from any directory really. i'd suggest just putting it in your "my documents" folder and placing a quick link on your desktop for ease of access. just so you guys know, the preference settings are saved to ini in "my documents", and a few images and midi/mp3 files are installed into the windows temporary folder (this is for the about page).

have any of you clicked on the greyhound yet on the about page ^^, i spent far to much time on that page, and the animated greyhound taskbar icon, that took a while too.
laffo16

Return to Find an Excel developer