whats allowed ?

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

whats allowed ?

Postby mrprobit » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi everyone, I've been following this forum for a short while. can I check what is allowed and what is not?

My reasoning for asking is that I have been developing some excel sheets for betting purposes, some of which I am now making compatible with the gruss software.

I'll be honest I am doing this as a commercial venture with the aim of selling the sheets. I can customize these on request.

I have a couple of other projects in the pipeline, but when I'm finished I hope to be available to do work on a private basis. However I don't want to advertise this yet, as it is obvious from a few other threads on here that some of you have been let down by people promising the earth and delivering nothing.

So can I check what is allowed here and I will respect the rules.

Thanks

MrProbit
mrprobit

Postby 2020vision » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:39 am

Hi MrProbit :)

Welcome to Gruss,

All the best - Michael :)
2020vision

Postby doris_day » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:01 am

Its Gary's forum, so its probably best for him to decide whats allowed but as a regular user my opinion is that anything is allowed as long as posters are honest. I'd rather know whats going on than not and I certainly dont have an issue with commercial developers posting as long as they are above board and declare their commercial interests. What I dont like are those who post with free 'come-ons' in order to lure the unwary into parting with their money.
But if you can deliver what you say you can I certainly dont have a problem with paying for stuff.
doris_day

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:32 am

Please feel free to advertise your sheets here. We have a pretty relaxed attitute to what you can post on our forum.

If someone posts offensive stuff though they are banned for life and I will hunt them down like a dog :wink:
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mrprobit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:05 pm

thanks guys, I'm hoping to have my first workbook ready in a fortnight. It's ready now but needs to undergo a bit more testing.

a bit about me, my skills are more mathematical rather than excel, although I am fairly profficient at the latter. My main interest is mathematical modelling of betting, it is this which I am selling, which will come in excel form and compatible with gruss.

my first product is a place odds calculator, this is based on the discount model, it can replicate the harville model and approximate other models such as the stern and henery models (there is academic literature out there about the use of these models for the calculation of place probabilities).

the workbook comes in a exceutable file in excel which can load up markets from gruss or other sources, also the place market from gruss or other sources can be also viewed to allow comparison with the calculated place odds.

To use the models, you need to select the appropiate model for the race, there is a selection of tools within the workbook which will help select the best fitting model.

There is no programming needed, you just open the workbook and gruss and they work together. To change things in the workbook is just a case of selecting buttons, tick boxes and from drop down lists.

At the moment it only downloads prices from gruss, but can't place them with it yet, although it does currently output the statements "BACK" & "LAY" and the price depending on your settings, so should be easily adaptible by some/most of you.

I dont want to advertise this as a system, I dissaprove of that term but prefer betting tool, as what you get out of it depends very much on what you put in it.

Thanks,

MrProbit
mrprobit

Postby milfor » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Sounds interesting - especially the mathematical part. I am looking forward to it.
milfor

Postby mrprobit » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Just an update, I have the programme ready and am just doing some last minutes checks. I hope to have it uploaded to the net for download either tonight or tommorow.
mrprobit

Postby knot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 pm

yawn :P
knot

Return to Find an Excel developer