Excel help required

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel help required

Postby Spinner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey, just started to trade as of late and want to keep track of all my trades in excel. I found a file that is used when trading horses. Now I trade football/tennis etc along with horses. Anyone able to modify this spreadsheet to accommodate my needs? I'd like it to link with my P&L from Betfair.

Here's the link - http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogs...maginable.html

I'd like someone to explain to me how to do it rather than just supply me with a solution! Then I can obviously apply it to other files in the future...

Thanks!
Spinner

Postby 2020vision » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Spinner :)

hope you don't mind the little correction to your link?

Here's the link - http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogs...maginable.html

Have a nice day - Michael :)
2020vision

Postby Spinner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Woops! Thanks for that :)

When I saw that someone replied I thought someone had a solution :wink:
Spinner

Postby Spinner » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:29 am

No takers then? :(
Spinner

Postby avago » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:38 pm

As author of the sheet in question, I would like to say that it would be very difficult to change any of the code the sheet contains but it would be possible to add another module and write your own code to suit your needs.

I have never traded any other sports apart from horse racing, so have no idea of the data layout of the downloaded betfair spreadsheets.

You may have noticed that it does not accomodate any 'foreign' tracks, again because I've never traded them.

Ideally, it would be great if we could make something up that included most other sports, but that would need sample sheets from anyone interested.

Excel is a hobby of mine, and anything created would be free of charge.
Thanks,Nigel
avago

Postby xraymitch » Sat May 08, 2010 10:04 am

avago wrote:As author of the sheet in question,

Nigel, I just wanted to say a big thankyou for your excellent code which I am now using as a guide to learning VBA.

Thought you might be interested in a fix to your code that was causing me and others a problem (not able to find BettingPandL) which I have posted on

http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogspot ... nable.html

Keep up the great work :)

Ray 8)
xraymitch

Postby avago » Sat May 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks for the fix Ray. Hope you find it useful.

Nigel
avago

Postby greenfingers » Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Nigel & Ray, If you have an updated version of the spreadsheet that you want to make available then I'd be glad to post it on the blog. You can send it to me at betfairtradingmindgames at yahoo.co.uk :)
Last edited by greenfingers on Sat May 15, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenfingers

Postby smithdwsn » Thu May 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Yes, really you solved my same type problem. I was facing this type of problem and i was finding on internet but i could not got the proper solution. I tried it and i got success in it. Thank you.
smithdwsn

Postby smithdwsn » Thu May 13, 2010 5:11 pm

You can easily solve because that option is there. I have used this option before many years but now i dont remember it. Please search or see the option in excel it will help definitely.
smithdwsn

Return to Find an Excel developer