Greening up Algorithm

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Greening up Algorithm

Postby Lewis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:24 am

Hi, I am looking to pay for a little excel coding.

I have a working bot which is profitable trading horses however I do need to monitor it as it can be unpredictable when I try to close positions automatically. I regularly find that I have a potential green book however something goes awry and I end up red on one selection or having an uneven green so have to manually use 'close positions' in the software itself. This has not been a problem while I have been fine tuning the triggers

What I need. Excel or VBA code which at a predetermined time [10-20 seconds before scheduled off]
cancels all unmatched bets.
Equalises profit loss [Green/red up]
I should state that I am willing to lose a little value to ensure reliability. The greening up algorithim should take prices available rather than offering to try and gain a single tick advantage.

What I will not do: Send you my sheet. I hope this can be avoided as I am sure you appreciate I do not think anyone untrustworthy however I am loathe to send a profitable bot to someone else who has an interest in trading. I appreciate this may make the implementation a little harder however I do have a little excel knowledge and expect I will be able to mesh the two together.

I expect this should be a fairly simply process as many of you probably already have this code somewhere in your own bot. What I am paying for is reliability and being able to implement this code straight off rather than experimenting and having costly errors myself.

This will also be viewed by myself as a form of trial for the coder. I expect over the next month I will have a few similar problems as my bot becomes more complex and would like to work with someone I can trust. This is not guaranteed however It is very likely.

I hope this is enough information, if there is anything standard that I have missed please feel free to ask.
Lewis

Postby milfor » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:02 am

I would sell my own greening up algorithm for 50 Euro. It also emphasizes that the green up bets are taken and occasionally gives away ticks to acchieve that. It's reliable in terms of greening up always but usually the odds change so shortly before the off which means that the green values are not exactly the same.

The only thing I would have to change is that it is done 10-20 seconds before the scheduled off only.
milfor

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:37 am

Have you looked at Garys example code at

http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4659

It may not take much for you to incorporate that code within your own
Captain Sensible

Return to Find an Excel developer