Bet in running

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Bet in running

Postby summit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:53 am

Hi there, is there anyone that can help me, paid or otherwise, with a spreadsheet that will trigger bets in running on the Fav at the off?
Thanks for any replies.
summit

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:56 am

Have a look at the sample sheets you'll probably be able to amend one yourself to do what you want.

This one bets on the 3rd fav at a pre determined time before the off

http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4886

As you want to bet in running at the off you'd probably be best by using the BSP to determine you favourite ( the market's not fully formed at the off so would be safest using the SP column) and using the In Play indicator as your other condition.

Just have a mess around with the sheet you'll probably find it's not as hard as you think and if you get stuck plenty on here are happy to help.
Captain Sensible

Postby summit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Thanks very much for that. But I fear I have a longer way to go to understand the spreadsheet than you think :lol:

I am unable to ascertain what part of the spreadsheet actually places the bet on the third fav, so this precludes me from understanding the rest of it :cry:

I am happy to learn and am sure once the penny drops, I will understand the concept and progress more quickly. Until then I will need a little more help on explaining some of the key cells in the document.

Thanks again.
summit

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:05 pm

The triggers are in column Q, so looking at Q5

=IF(AND(AB5=3,$S$1<=10,$T$1=0,F2<>"Suspended"),"BACK","")

That's a simple IF statement that breaks down as follows

IF all the conditions are met in the AND statement put "BACK" into the cell if not all met put nothing in the cell i.e. ""

I we look at the AND statement it's broken down as follows

AND(
AB5=3, the column AB is containing the ranking of the prices i.e. 3 is third fav, for first fav just needs amending to 1

$S$1<=10, Cell $S$1 contains the second to the off , at the moment it's set to equal to or less than 10, you could remove this condition

$T$1=0, This cell is counting the numbers of bets placed to ensure only one bet gets placed i.e. if the cell contains 0 no bets have been placed so OK to bet, if over 0 a bet has been placed so it won't trigger another bet

F2<>"Suspended" this condition is checking the market isn't suspended because no bets will be accepted whilst the market is suspended. You could change this to check the In Play indicator cell as part of your trigger conditions i.e. $F$2<>"In Play"

I'm sure someone will contact you offering to do a paid for sheet for you but it's really not that hard and you'd be better off doing your own so you understand what it's doing and more importantly understand how to amend it as few bots work well first time and generally need some tweaking to make them profitable
Captain Sensible

Postby summit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Thank you very much.

I will get started on this and probably :lol: get back to you.

Thanks a lot again.
summit

Postby summit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Ok then Captain :lol:

I have written the code for the Q column and tested on an in running football game tonight and it works. Woop woop!!

However, it only works for that game/race. How do I get it to reset for the next market? I have left it to its own devices and waited for the markets to be settled, but the count in T1 stays as one and therefore no further bets are made in the new market.

Many thanks for the help so far.
summit

Postby summit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Don't worry... (even if you were :lol: :lol: )

I have sorted this one.

Will get back to you with the next issue as it arises.

Thanks
summit

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:08 pm

No problem , one thing I would say is it's better to write your own sheet rather than amend Garys one as it'll allow you to add your own criteria and the more you do automated betting the more conditions you'll find you need to add. Just use the sheets on here to learn the principles and ideas of how to trigger bets/rank runners etc.

As you're betting in play you need to remember that sheet is taking the current back prices to fill the odds column, once a market goes in running most offers are taken down and the remaining odds may not be representative of the odds prior to the off. Obviously there are ways you can counter that by either taking a snapshot of all prices prior to the off or for racing using the Betfair SP but again it all depends on your strategy don't assume one sheet will fit all sports as it won't.
Captain Sensible

Postby summit » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:52 am

OK, thanks a lot.

Whilst I think I understand the basics now, and all the information can be in other columns, can I assume that all the code etc for the back/lay has to be in the Q "Trigger" column?

I cannot learn anymore until an "in play" race later today, as I am not sure if there is any extra information in the spreadsheet to work with once the market goes in play. For example, would it create a column for the actual BFSP? Once in play.

I will also have a look at some other examples to familiarise myself with the concept.

Thanks for all your help so far.
summit

Return to Find an Excel developer