Excel developer required

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel developer required

Postby stevebr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi

I'm looking for an Excel developer who may be able to produce the below, if you are interested please PM me for further discussions / costings etc. I understand this can be done via Excel trigger betting (
+ possibly macros).

I have a horse racing system, it should back a number of selected horses thro the day if they are trading between 10 and 40, any time from 10 minutes before the scheduled start time until the off (some other systems I have bet from 1 min before the off so I’m looking for this parameter to be changeable).

So as an example, 10 mins before the off it checks the odds, if the odds range is between 10 – 40 it places a back bet, but at the offered (ie lay price) price.

So say the back / lay is ….

A) - 14 / 18 it will offer the bet at 18
B) - 50 / 70 it doesn’t do anything
C) - 36 / 44 it doesn’t do anything

So for A) it hopefully gets a match at 18, if it doesn’t and the price moves to 14/16 it resubmits at 16. And so on until it gets a match. Just before the scheduled off time it takes the back price (so long as the price is within range) or maybe BF SP.

For B) and C) the software watches, if the lay offered price moves to 40 or below then it follows the same criteria as A). So if the price in B) moves to 30 / 40 it offers a bet at 40. If the market then moves to 30 / 42 it cancels the bet (and doesn’t bet unless it comes to <= 40 again), and if the market moves to say 30 / 36 it again creeps the offered price in to 36.

The other alternative I thought about was doing the same as above but setting the offered price to one tick below the current offered price, therefore hopefully getting matched quicker.

Hope this explains briefly what I am looking to do.
stevebr

Simple answer

Postby rickwakefield » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:59 am

Hey Steve,

This sounds like a simple trigger , but a few questions, are you backing all horses between those prices or individual horses that you select.

What I would suggest is setting those parameters ten minutes before off(simple) asking for the LAY price to back (simple) and have your trigger timed so if your price isn't attained in say 30 seconds and the price has changed cancel and resubmit every 30 seconds until off(simple).Its all just a simple =IF(OR(AND statement in excel, but should there be 5 horses in any given race that meets your price range are you backing them all or is your system selecting say 3-4 horses per day that you want to monitor.

Let me know and I will make a worksheet up for you...

For example my worksheet trigger is this.

=IF(AND($S$1<=20,$S$1>10,T5>0),"CANCEL",IF(AND($S$1<10,AA5=1,X43<0),"LAY",IF(OR(Y5="Y",T5="CANCELLED"),"CLEAR",IF(AND(RANK!J$1<110,Action!K4<=150,Action!I4<-25,Action!D4>Action!E4,Action!J4<=2,Action!L4<=Action!M4,$S$1>=30,F2<>"Suspended"),"BACK-TL3-F60-IPC",""))))

Looks complicated but its just true of false parameters

Cheers mate Rick
rickwakefield

A little more info

Postby rickwakefield » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:12 am

=IF(AND($S$1<=20,$S$1>10,T5>0),"CANCEL",IF(AND($S$1<10,AA5=1,X43<0),"LAY",IF(OR(Y5="Y",T5="CANCELLED"),"CLEAR",IF(AND(RANK!J$1<110,Action!K4<=150,Action!I4<-25,Action!D4>Action!E4,Action!J4<=2,Action!L4<=Action!M4,$S$1>=30,F2<>"Suspended"),"BACK-TL3-F60-IPC",""))))

Just to explain
My trigger monitors all races and when the top 2 movers are priced 25% above average a Back bet is placed or asked for at the lay price , if the bet is placed an offset bet is Layed 3 ticks lower, if the Back bet isn't layed after 60 seconds it is cancelled and the trigger seeks a new proposition and continues to do so until 30 seconds before off , any offset bets not matched are then Layed at the best price in the last 10 seconds. There are several parameters in my trigger that refer to to different worksheets and calculate if any horse has reached its top end price and is expected to shorten back towards the average, also this one trigger checks that the market is tight by using the entire markets percentage ie: the market is below 110%. So all this and many more parameters can be simply set using the trigger formula, you shouldn't be able to follow mine but it demonstrates what can be done.

Just let me know exactly what you want to have set up..

Rick
rickwakefield

Return to Find an Excel developer