Excel Developer help required

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Developer help required

Postby tartancords » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:52 am

Hi, i have a excel program that has a trigger that just falls short of what i intend it to do and im kinda stuck.

basically it is a laying program, no backs involved at all. If i want to lay at X, the trigger will offer lays up at just above the current back price and continue to do so up to my limit price (X) where it will stop and if the bet gets matched, great, if not, NO Bet.

the problem lies in the issue of being part matched, the sheet then assumes my bet has been taken rather than re submit at next price up for a stake that will be the difference between my max risk and the risk already taken on.

anyone with an idea of how to rectify please PM and we can talk costs and ideas.

TIA
tartancords

Postby menlolot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:46 am

Hi Mate

Im struggling with the same problema and have tried almost everything. Have you had any luck ??

I have also started a new post on this .........

Cheers
menlolot

Postby jokerjoe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:10 am

The simplest method is to use MyBets sheets to check for unfilled portions, and fill-or-kill orders to cancel unmatched bets that aren't at the front of the queue. Doing it this way you don't need to use any VBA.
jokerjoe

Postby menlolot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks for the advics. Could you possibly expand a bit more or point how to do this. Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks
menlolot

Postby jokerjoe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

On each row have a formula array calculating from the MyBets sheet your matched/unmatched bets, however best fits your needs (perhaps average price, average odds and unfilled true or false columns). If there are no unfilled bets and you still need to feed the order in then place another bet. You need to periodically cancel unmatched bets so new bets can be placed at the front of the queue. Without using VBA the simplest way is to execute bets with the fill-or-kill conditions (see help file on excel triggers). The problem with FoK is that it may sometime kill orders that are actually at the front of the queue but that's the price of convenience.
jokerjoe

Return to Find an Excel developer