Reqd - Bookmaking with Excel?

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Reqd - Bookmaking with Excel?

Postby BigHef » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for Betfair software to help me lay a book on horse racing and found this place so I thought why not see if someone can help me.

What I want to be able to do is lay every runner in a race to lose a certain payout figure - act just like a bookmaker in other words.

The problem I have is how you can't change the odds and the stake of unmatched bets at the same time.

So when I push my odds out to match the market, I will then be laying that runner to lose more than the rest of the field.

As a result, the best way to do it is cancel my bet, then submit a new bet at the longer odds, at a smaller stake to ensure my payouts remain the same. Make sense?

I hoped I would find a piece of software out there where I could set my payout figure, and if I were to change the odds of an unmatched bet, it could cancel that bet and resubmit it at the new odds with the changed stake - automating what takes me 10-15 secs to do myself.

I have other ideas further but this is my major issue.

Anyone out there know if this is possible thru BA/Excel or some other way?

Cheers
BigHef

Postby Shaun » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:32 pm

You could do it with excel, i think we have a trigger that does that, if not you could design one that would put in a cancel before you lay the runner if bets were unmatched or if matched would place another lay bet.
Shaun

Postby Ian » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:10 am

Hefm], put your idea in suggestions, as Gary might consider adding the feature to the software itself. I know I would use it many times, as like you, I try to make a partial book with the same payout for a number of horses.
Ian

Postby BigHef » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Ian, I did suggest it to Gary and he said while it should be somewhat easy to do it would have to go to the bottom of a ton of suggestions he has, which is more than understandable.

Shaun, thanks for your response ... are you at all interested in creating one? If so PM me a quote
BigHef

Return to Find an Excel developer