dutching calculator

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

dutching calculator

Postby rsharpe35 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a dutching calculator that is capable of doing the following:

Let's say my profit target is £5
The odds on my first race are:
In the above scenario I would place bets are follows:
$8.09
£5.04
(Note: There could be times when 3 horses are dutched)

Let's say the above is a loss. Now my next bet is as follows:
Odds: 1.8 and 3.35
If I was betting to level stakes, I would obviously just plunk down £19.03 and £10.23. However, what I would like to do is make sure every race provides me a profit even if it loses. To do this, I would take the expense of my first race and then add the £5 profit from the first race and then finally add the £5 from this second race. So my total profit target would be:
£13.13+£5+£5 = 23.13

I would go on like this till I hit a winner and the cycle would start again from scratch, meaning back to level stakes of £5.

I will not be making my selections on all races at the same time but instead my selections will be placed a few minutes before the off in each race. I'm only mentioning this in case it makes a difference to how the software will handle this. I have never used Gruss before so am unfamiliar with how it works.

I would pay a reasonable fee for a spreadsheet that works (via paypal) within the software. It would be a bonus if the spreadsheet also worked manually if odds and win/loss results were keyed in.

Regards,
RS
rsharpe35

Postby doris_day » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:07 am

Have you analysed historic data to confirm that this betting strategy is the most productive ?

I doubt it is unless you work with a very large bank indeed. What you'll probably find is that you'll win on loads and loads of days but then a black swan will come along and wipe your entire bank, shirt, car, house away.....

Then again, you may be lucky or a great judge of your sport. And if that is the case I suspect you'll find betting level stakes a much more productive option.

I must have analysed thousands of lines of my historic data and I've never yet come up with an option that is better than level stakes. Even Kelly (or a version of it) doesn't work as well in the real world.

So, my advice would be to keep it simple and stick with level stakes. It may appear boring and you won't get your previous losses back as quickly but you'll probably find in the long run you either make more money or you won't get blown up so quickly.
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby Ian » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am

As you are not making your selections until just before the race, why do you need a spreadsheet to do this ? You could just use the dutching facility with BA and keep your running target on a piece of paper manually.
Ian

Re: dutching calculator

Postby rabbits » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 am

rsharpe35 wrote:Hello,

I am looking for a dutching calculator that is capable of doing the following:

Let's say my profit target is £5
The odds on my first race are:
In the above scenario I would place bets are follows:
$8.09
£5.04
(Note: There could be times when 3 horses are dutched)

Let's say the above is a loss. Now my next bet is as follows:
Odds: 1.8 and 3.35
If I was betting to level stakes, I would obviously just plunk down £19.03 and £10.23. However, what I would like to do is make sure every race provides me a profit even if it loses. To do this, I would take the expense of my first race and then add the £5 profit from the first race and then finally add the £5 from this second race. So my total profit target would be:
£13.13+£5+£5 = 23.13

I would go on like this till I hit a winner and the cycle would start again from scratch, meaning back to level stakes of £5.

I will not be making my selections on all races at the same time but instead my selections will be placed a few minutes before the off in each race. I'm only mentioning this in case it makes a difference to how the software will handle this. I have never used Gruss before so am unfamiliar with how it works.

I would pay a reasonable fee for a spreadsheet that works (via paypal) within the software. It would be a bonus if the spreadsheet also worked manually if odds and win/loss results were keyed in.

Regards,
RS

Hi, I am doing something very similar to this. If you still require a developer for this let me know and we will talk about it.
rabbits

Return to Find an Excel developer