Betting Analysis

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Betting Analysis

Postby mtysocks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi.

I was looking for some help on Excel. I want to analyse my trading figures. I mainly do pre race scalping. If I download the Betting History from Betfair, and open it into Excel, I want have an Excel Sheet where I can copy and paste this data so that I can get an idea of what my strike rate for successful scalping is, and what is the average tick profit/loss. Also, at which odds range I do best/worst at. Is there any way I can do this, and if so, what do I do? I can use Excel but am not good with macros etc..and all help will be very much appreciated.
mtysocks

Postby Ilena » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi mtysocks.
In the past I found the workbook on this link really useful.

http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogspot ... -your.html

Regards,

Ilena
Ilena

Postby mtysocks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Ilena

Thank you for the link. There seems to be a problem with the file, I have tried to download it a few times but something is going wrong in the process. It will eventually download but cannot seem to run any of the macros. :(
mtysocks

Postby Ilena » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Haven't used it for a while, but will try to take a look. Travelling tomorrow. What version of Excel are you using as I think it was written on 2007?
Ilena

Postby osknows » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Hello,

The file Ilena provided does seems to work ok but only with explicitly named files saved in the same location as the download. Eg if the location you save the link above is C:\Users\whoever\Desktop

then it will only work if the following filenames are saved in the same location as C:\Users\whoever\Desktop

Each button requires the following filenames
'Press to import P&L file' - BettingPandL.xls
'Import records from previous version' - Results summary.xlsm
osknows

Postby Ilena » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi mtysocks,
Just downloaded the file again and the only thing I needed to change was in the macro add_new_PL_data, to amend the file from a .xls to .xlsx (I think 3 instances) using Excel 2007. Make sure the file and Betfair P&L spreadsheet download are in the same folder.
Ilena

Postby mtysocks » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 am

Hi

Thank you for the help so far. Im guessing it must be because I have Excel 2003 I am having the problems.
mtysocks

Return to Find an Excel developer