Drip feeding in excel

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Drip feeding in excel

Postby reelthemin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Seems to me to be a pretty tough problem, but I am not too hot in excel.

Was thinking of trying to amend Gary's Place_bets sheet, chopping and changing here and there - what I would like to do is:

Have a "selections" sheet like the place_bets sheet where I can put horse, stake, bet type, min and max odds, and preferably number of slices for stake to be split into for the dripfeed, and time in seconds for how often to try and drip it into the market. As an example, let's say I wanted £10 on a horse but wanted to dripfeed it in 5 increments, i could specify that it would be 5, and also that i wanted them to be 30 seconds apart for example, starting at 3 mins to the off.

Also have a results sheet which records my results on a separate tab for the day.

I imagine it would be easier, if running say three strategies that require dripfeeding, to run 3 separate workbooks rather than get one master sheet which does everything.

If any developers could help me with this problem, or anyone has any tips (have tried for 2hrs but I can't get my head around it in VBA or via formulae) please let me know, with quotes sent via PM if you like.

Thanks
reelthemin

Return to Find an Excel developer