auto Lay betting both win & place market

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

auto Lay betting both win & place market

Postby tipster101 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi
Been using BA for a few years on and off and find it a great piece of software..i have devised my own horse ratings system which works well and i want to automate the selections while testing over 6-12 months.
The problem i have is i need an excel sheet similar to place_bets that can lay selections on the win market between two sets of odds.
would it be possible if the selection goes over my max win market odds to lay the selection on the place market instead.
I also want to use minimal stakes like 50p or less if possible for testing purposes.
I am ok with the basics of excel but not sure how this would be done if it is possible.
Hope ive explained myself clearly.
Any help or advice much appreciated..
tipster101

Postby doris_day » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:41 pm

That's fairly straightforward if you have both markets open in Gruss and have two sheets in excel, one for win and one for place.
Then all you need do is have a rule in the place trigger cells to pick up the activity from the win sheet. Depends what the rules are but quite easy to set up. Even I could do that and I'm not an expert as others will testify.
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby tipster101 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 am

Hi
thanks for the reply!
So i would need the win and place markets loaded simultaneously in different windows and two place_bets sheets open?
What instruction would i need to add and where to make the software place the bets correctly with the following rules.
Laying up to a max of 10.0 on the win market and any selection that goes above that i want to lay on the place market.
I also want to use minimal stakes 50p or less.
Sorry to be a pain but im just learning to use excel again after a serious illness that left me with serious memory problems and im only at the the very basics of excel so as much instruction you could give would be a huge help.
Cheers :)
tipster101

Postby doris_day » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Well, you dont need 2 windows just 2 worksheets in excel, one for the win market and one for the place market.
Then in the trigger column in the place market worksheet have something like =if(WinMarket!F5>10.0,"LAY",""). That's very very basic and you'll probably want to add other stuff too.
I'd go through the Gruss excel help file to learn the various functions though
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Return to Find an Excel developer