Is This Possible ?

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Is This Possible ?

Postby nobber » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi,

Have just joined on a 30 day trial but am a complete remedial on bots and their capabilities so would appreciate some impartial advice please.

I currently run two manual systems on Greyhounds, one of which relies on the previous winning Trap No. to dictate the next bet whilst the second identifies the Trap No. to be bet only after the first race at a meeting. Both systems run at the two BAGS meetings in the morning, afternoon and evening. Both use a progressive staking plan.

I do use a (computerised) staking plan to establish the stake/winnings but because of the lack of liquidity in the market, apart from the first few races, I have to use the SP option to get my money on. Because of the sometimes significant differences I regularly understake and end up losing money on successful bets.

My question is:

Is there any way a bot can obtain the price(s) shown to the correct amount of money - given that the Trap No. (the 'bet) has to be input manually ?

Sorry for the length of this post but any and all help/replies would be gratefully received.

Thanks.
Nobber.

[/b]
nobber

Postby doris_day » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 am

It sounds like your whole system could easily be written into an excel algorithm but it couldnt guarantee you getting matched to the stakes required at the price you wanted unless that money was available. However, you could write in a routine which took SP for the remaining unmatched part.

That said and without wanting to sound too negative, your system has all the hallmarks of a losing one in the long run. You no doubt know the ins and outs of what you're doing but any system which has a progressive element and relies on a previous race/event to select its runner is going to fail. But you'll need to find that out for yourself the hard way. Unless you're very lucky and catch things when they're going your way. Best of luck.
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby nobber » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

There's slightly more goes into the selection process (which decides/dictates a bet) than was originally posted for obvious reasons, but I do take your point.

Good luck.
Nobber.
nobber

Return to Find an Excel developer