Updating results sheet

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Updating results sheet

Postby Tony Grant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi,

I have developed quite a few sheets along the way and learned plenty of tips and tricks but there is always that next thing that keeps me in the land of the frustrated developer.
At the moment I am working on a sheet that is a staking model and so it needs the settled market information to work out the stakes for the next race.
Ok, that's simple enough, I set the sheet to auto select markets at xx minutes before the off which, with UK racing tends to give ample time for the market to have settled.
My problem is though that I can't tell what bets have been placed along the way. Ok I can temporarily see the bet being matched in column W but once the market has zeroed, this information has gone.
So ideally I would like a way to move on to the next race much earlier (which of course I can do in the betting assistant settings) but I need to know how to refresh the results page about 1 minute before the start of the next race.
Does anyone know how I might trigger this?

Thanks
Tony Grant

Postby osknows » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Put a -6 trigger into cell [Q2] to refresh the results; assuming the market has settled.
osknows

Q2 Trigger

Postby Tony Grant » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi, thanks for that suggestion. Is this a manual trigger that I will need to enter into the market sheet or could I maybe automed it? If it needs to be typed in and then replaced by the standard 1 afterwards, I am guessing I would need to do this by macro?

any thoughts please.

Tony
Tony Grant

Postby osknows » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 pm

You could manually type -6 into cell Q2 or you could automate with something like this in each market sheet object

Code: Select all
Dim lastResultsUpdate As Date

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim rngArray() As Variant

If Target.Columns.Count = 16 Then
    Application.EnableEvents = False

rngArray = .Range("A1:CX61").Value2

'Refresh Results Every 5 minutes
        If DateDiff("n", lastResultsUpdate, rngArray(2, 2)) > 5 Then
            lastResultsUpdate = rngArray(2, 2)
            UpdateResults (Target.Parent)
        End If

Application.EnableEvents = True
End If

End Sub

and this in a MODULE

Code: Select all
Public Sub UpdateResults(ByVal ws As Worksheet)

If ws.Range("Q2").Value >= 0 Then ws.Range("Q2").Value = -6

End Sub
osknows

Return to Find an Excel developer