Developer

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Developer

Postby osknows » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 am

In the spirit of sharing workbooks please find below some of my own personal examples of BA tools which you may find useful.

Dutch To Unequal Amounts.xls - Fast Excel based dutching calcualtor using matrices [http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9gzgvg31o4zuz6y]

GreenUp Fast.xlsm - Fast GREENUP trigger with CANCEL-ALL trigger [http://www.mediafire.com/view/?auu2ktxx8cbhsxv]

QuickPickList Search and Export (OverUnder example).xlsm - Example on how to use the COM to filter markets and export QPL list [http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wfrpvi68l3vqt05]

Record & Playback.zip - Tool to capture odds, save and also play them back to help develop strategies [http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ykf4c20g6dul]

I'm also free at the moment to take on development work and offer reasonable rates.

I'm a professional developer with expertise in .NET(C#,VB, WPF), VBA, webscraping and AI. I have many years experience developing for MS Office and know most of the fastest methods and functions to make things run fast which is useful in maintaining fast refresh rates during heavy processing with BA. For example, one of the biggest performance improvements that can be made with Excel is reading and writing once only to a sheet instead of cell by cell.

The tools above are an example of my personal work and all correspondence and development will be treated in the strictest confidence. If you have any projects or just need advice please get in touch.

Regards,
Os
osknows

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,

I've made the files that osknows has kindly shared available to download from our server as follows:-

Dutch To Unequal Amounts.xls - Fast Excel based dutching calcualtor using matrices [Download]

GreenUp Fast.xlsm - Fast GREENUP trigger with CANCEL-ALL trigger [Download]

QuickPickList Search and Export (OverUnder example).xlsm - Example on how to use the COM to filter markets and export QPL list [Download]

Record & Playback.zip - Tool to capture odds, save and also play them back to help develop strategies [Download]

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby macarony » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks and I hope others will also share some of their excel sheets
macarony

Postby antalytics » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:05 pm

The file Record & Playback.zip seems to be really useful but I can't open it. Do you have an xls version that works with XL2003?
antalytics

Postby osknows » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Sorry there isn't an xls version as some of the functions used are only available from Excel 2007+ (eg SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS and cell character limits).

You could install the Office Compatibility Pack http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... .aspx?id=3 which will allow you to open it and have a look but it won't function properly. You really need Excel 2007, 2010 or 2013

Regards,
Os
osknows

Re: Developer

Postby mypuntervn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Dear MarkRussell and other Developer

I got your file Record & Playback.zip & it sounds great. However, could you please provide a short instruction on how to edit in such a way that I could be able to apply on Soccer market

(or give me a link to someone else's spreed sheet. I've searched around the Forum but haven't found it yet )

Many thanks
mypuntervn

Postby mypuntervn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:36 pm

mypuntervn wrote:Dear MarkRussell and other Developer

I got your file Record & Playback.zip & it sounds great. However, could you please provide a short instruction on how to edit in such a way that I could be able to apply on Soccer market

(or give me a link to someone else's spreed sheet. I've searched around the Forum but haven't found it yet )

Many thanks

so sorry. The file Record & Playback.zip works for soccer also. It's great. Thanks to Mark
mypuntervn

Postby mypuntervn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks to Osknows for your recording file
mypuntervn

Postby mypuntervn » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:20 am

Hi osknows

I'm using your Record & Playback.zip, thanks for your sharing. Just a bit confusing about data size. After stopping recording an event, for example:

-If saving as the xlsm file without export data, it is only around 200KB in size ( it's possible to Playback the recorded data, of course)
- However, if saving data in Playback tab , the CSV file grows up to more than 2 MB in size

So, I thought it's better to keep the original file rather than export data to CSV file ?? Is it right OR I did something wrong ?

Thanks you
mypuntervn

Postby brumbie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:25 am

Could someone tell me where the LOAD and PLAYBACK buttons are?..thanks in advance.
brumbie

Postby brumbie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 am

I'll just elaborate on that. I am trying to use the record and playback xlsm.I have excel 2013 but it seems there is no LOAD,SAVE or PLAYBACK button in the playback tab? Am I misinterpreting the notebook instructions?..thanks guys. :shock:
brumbie

Postby brumbie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:22 am

HaHa ..scrolled down and found them...thanks anyway guys. :oops: :oops:
brumbie

Postby Sh115 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 pm

osknows has just completed developing an Excel-BA betting system for me. I was impressed by his professionalism and response time, and the final product was delivered speedily and at a very reasonable price.

I can't recommend him highly enough.
Sh115

Postby crocogotter » Sun May 10, 2015 5:25 pm

After posting a thread in the Help section, it quickly became apparent that what I was trying to achieve (scraping) was well beyond my capabilities. A couple of posters recommended Osknows, so I PMed him with details of what I was after. He replied with a very reasonable price, had a first draft over to me within a day, produced revised versions to present the data in the most useful format possible to miminise changes to my existing spreadsheets, and responded to queries and requests promptly and clearly.

A big thumbs up for me, and I'd definitely recommend him.
crocogotter

Postby eduardoneco » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Hello everyone.... I found the workbook Record and Playback that is available, but gives me an error when I link BA to the sheet.

The steps that I do were this:

1- Downloaded the zip.
2- Create a folder in desktop area and unzip in that folder.
3- Open the file
4- Finally link the BA to the sheet M1 (in the instructions .txt file says to link to sheet Market1)
5- Gives me the VBA error "Run-time error'1004':
Application-defined or object-defined error"

The error appears in this line:

Code: Select all
.Range("Q2").Formula = "=IF(AND(E2=""In Play"",AND(F2<>""Suspended"",F2<>""Closed""))," & SettingsArray(3, 15) & ",IF(AND(W1<=" & SettingsArray(5, 15) + SettingsArray(4, 15) & ",W1>=" & SettingsArray(6, 15) & ")," & SettingsArray(2, 15) & "," & SettingsArray(4, 15) & "))"

I don´t know if it´s anything that I´m doing wrong or something else. The Excel that I´m using is 2007 and it´s on a VPS (don´t think there´s any problem with this).

Need some guidance on this issue.

Best regards, Eduardo

PS-> Congratulation for this workbook. Fantastic.
eduardoneco

Next

Return to Find an Excel developer