Betting at bfsp

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Betting at bfsp

Postby rollem » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I have a strategy for betting on the place market depending upon odds in win market and I place my bet about 10 seconds before the off time. I want to be able to bet at bfsp on the place market depending upon price of bfsp on win market and I want my bet to be as near as possible to the final bfsp price. By placing the bet at 10 seconds before the off it is surprising how it can vary from the official bfsp price - any ideas
rollem

Postby NorthView » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:13 pm

BFSP is only known after the race has started, so I don't see how you can get around this, unless you're willing to make your place bets after the off.
NorthView

Postby doris_day » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:45 am

You're probably aware that the two markets are independent and although they are correlated, formulas such as Harville can be quite inaccurate in calculating the place price from the win price. The best of those formulas is that of Henery and is much better than Harville.

The only way to do what you want is to bet in-play using the actual SP.

Best of luck.
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby Fixador » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:20 pm

rollem,

The estimated BSP bto and the actual BSP can widely diverge - particularly when chasing outsiders - even if you wait to a couple of seconds bto.

If you are betting below the 'limit' - I found I needed to add an extra 10 seconds (?) to complete the transaction - ie, to be sure EVERY time

Sorry with the negative answer - best of luck
Fixador

Postby rollem » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:42 am

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate your help
rollem

Return to Find an Excel developer