automation in running

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

automation in running

Postby P1BP27 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Wondering if someone could help with this & is it possible to do?

I have spent the last year analyzing the in running markets & seen that in certain races and courses only one horse gets matched at 2.0 or below.
What I would like to do is be able to do is place an automated back bet in the market when a horse hits 2.0 in running.
I have tried betangel where I do the following

I set current odds 1.01 and odds 2.0 and place at 1.96 on automation rule

A couple of times I have not been matched but seen over £2000 -£3000 has been matched when I am only doing £50.00 stakes. How are these people in front of me as I am not a layer? as in the betfair graphs money waiting to be matched is on lay side not on back side?
The reason for my email is because someone on betfair forum said Betange only puts your bet in as the odds go past, anywhere near the end of the race you have no chance of catching it & that. & they said the following:

gruss software
you may be able to do this with "conditional betting" in gruss
if not , someone can make you an excel sheet to do this automatically
plenty of advice/help on there forum
good luck

So I was wondering if you could help me?

Regards,
Paul
P1BP27

Re: automation in running

Postby neeeel » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:04 pm

they are right, you can do it with conditional betting in gruss. Even gruss , or an excel spreadsheet, tho, will only be able to put your bet in as the bets go past, since there is no way to pre place an order.
neeeel

Postby neeeel » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:05 pm

sorry, meant "only put your bets in as the odds go past"
neeeel

Postby neeeel » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:07 pm

what I mean is, if the back odds are 2.2, you cant place a pre order at 2.0, because when the bet hits the market, you will get matched at 2.2. So you would have to wait until the odds hit 2.0 or lower, and then place the bet.
neeeel

Postby carlmorton » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:06 pm

neeel i emailed you about doing some work did you receive it mate mortoncarl@ymail.com
Cheer mate
carlmorton

Return to Find an Excel developer