I want to Back / Clear / then Lay!

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

I want to Back / Clear / then Lay!

Postby Toma » Sat May 09, 2015 1:29 pm

I am sure this will be simple for some Excel guru out there, any help very much appreciated...

I need to Back a selection - Simple can do that bit.

I then need to Clear the Betref in preperation for a lay bet that is to be placed based on some other calculations. My problem is HOW do I just issue the Clear bet ONCE and then place the LAY instruction then STOP!

So the process is BACK / Calculate Lay bet / Process the LAY-IP instruction. ONCE what I am fearful of is the CLEAR and LAY being executed until my bank runs dry?

Someone must have had this issue before so any help appreciated

Alan
Toma

Re: I want to Back / Clear / then Lay!

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat May 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Are you using VBA or just excel formulas? . Obviously life is a lot easier if you're using VBA as you can control things a lot better but even with formulas you have a lot of info available like the pnl column and mybets to control when to lay or not. It'd probably help people to give suggestions if you gave more of an idea when any bets should clear. I used to use the pnl column in my formula based sheets to control things in the past but remember you can keep track of bets in mybets sheets or matched amount columns
Captain Sensible

Postby Toma » Sun May 10, 2015 12:29 am

Thanks for the reply Capt....

I think my problem is that the Lay bet (after the first Clear) won't actually be matched until the event goes in play and even then may not get matched (therefore the P&L cols etc. wont change) and therefore I can't see how I can stop the Clear instruction firing.

By the way I am just using Formulas not VBA (sorry not that clever!) - I like your suggestion of the Mybets tab and will have a look at that. As I assume my unmatched lay bet will appear in there and then I can test for that before issuing the CLEAR instruction.

Thanks for your help very much appreciate it

Alan
Toma

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun May 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Is it not possible to combine the request within one bet trigger? You have all sorts of offset requests and in play options these days. Plus if you're calculating the lay side from the back bet you'd already know the odds and stake you're putting in so I'd guess that's all you'd need to calculate the lay side. You can always combine cells to make up the offset trigger so it's doesn't need to be the same at all odds and you'd ony trigger if matched too.
Captain Sensible

Postby rourkem » Mon May 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Trying out a trigger if it's matched. I think this could work but I just need to see this for myself. Thanks!
Windows 8 | Framework 2.0 Image
rourkem

Return to Find an Excel developer